Fr184 mpg

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
You couldn't get 700 miles out of a tank. You'd need a bigger tank

JamieLittwin

0-60 In Sparrows Cough
Mar 2, 2015
My 184fr tdi used to get between 65-75mpg on my daily commute which is all b roads, just traded it in a 19000 miles for a cupra. Good car but just couldn't compare it to the cupra, completely different machine. I had the leon from new and I would say upto about 3,500 miles I didn't really get above 53mpg but I think I just learnt how to drive the car efficiently. Although I never worked out the MPG by hand but it came to about 10.5p a mile or something when I had to work out how much it cost me to commute for work. Was kushty because I was paid 45p a mile, I'll just get a taxi with the cupra! Life is too short to drive a boring car, I don't know if it made any difference but I had never filled the car with anything apart from V-Power diesel. That might be why it got such good MPG

Last edited:

JulianG

Mar 23, 2006
Well my 182 gets better and better :)

Have now done almost 14k miles and look at my latest (from refuel) results...

073c1faefbde89e4d81e6f70836e8fd7.jpg

That's doing over a 30 miles commute on A and B roads, and not driving Miss Daisy either. Car was in Sport mode and my DTUK Trevor set to map 1-3... I understand that means my trip computer won't be exact, but 71.7mpg is a dream!!!
Every day I'm getting 65+mpg at the moment :D

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

AlistairS

Jan 3, 2008
Stirlingshire
Well my 182 gets better and better :)

Have now done almost 14k miles and look at my latest (from refuel) results...

073c1faefbde89e4d81e6f70836e8fd7.jpg

That's doing over a 30 miles commute on A and B roads, and not driving Miss Daisy either. Car was in Sport mode and my DTUK Trevor set to map 1-3... I understand that means my trip computer won't be exact, but 71.7mpg is a dream!!!
Every day I'm getting 65+mpg at the moment :D

That impressive. I am still running mine in (3 weeks old, 800 miles) getting 50 mpg. Mainly 30 mile daily commutes on the motorway. I have the DTUK Trevor as well :)

JulianG

Mar 23, 2006
That impressive. I am still running mine in (3 weeks old, 800 miles) getting 50 mpg. Mainly 30 mile daily commutes on the motorway. I have the DTUK Trevor as well :)
It should soon loosen up... Mine has been brilliant since getting past 10k miles :)

Obee72

Jan 7, 2015
6k and 6 months and I'm lucky to see 40mpg. I'm getting 45-50 on a run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JulianG

Mar 23, 2006
So are your running your box on Program 1 Setting -1 ?
No I am running 1+1 now... Pre my first service last week I was running 1-3 which was recommended on here and was a dream. However since my service (and refitting Trevor) I decided to try 1+1 due to comments on here... The power off the line is amazing now!! Although it feels like I've lost some power at the top end. I guess it's all down to different power curves. I've been hoping someone (Andrew from DTUK) will post some dyno graphs of th different maps, but nothing yet.
Which are you running?

AlistairS

Jan 3, 2008
Stirlingshire
No I am running 1+1 now... Pre my first service last week I was running 1-3 which was recommended on here and was a dream. However since my service (and refitting Trevor) I decided to try 1+1 due to comments on here... The power off the line is amazing now!! Although it feels like I've lost some power at the top end. I guess it's all down to different power curves. I've been hoping someone (Andrew from DTUK) will post some dyno graphs of th different maps, but nothing yet.
Which are you running?

Was running 3+2 but have just been out & changed it over to 1+1 so will give that a try for a while.

It would be good to see some dyno graphs of the different settings

Last edited:

MK_FR

May 20, 2007
Finland
It should soon loosen up... Mine has been brilliant since getting past 10k miles :)

I got ~50-53 mpg at first but after 5000 km it was ~59-62 mpg. When the whole engine broke and was changed in 15000 km then it went back to ~50 mpg.. so they seem to be better after a while.

JulianG

Mar 23, 2006
Was running 3+2 but have just been out & changed it over to 1+1 so will give that a try for a while.

It would be good to see some dyno graphs of the different settings
How did you find 3+2?

Also how old is your Trevor?
I think there were some updated maps put on Trevor last year (I bought mine in October) so if you've had yours longer than that, then you may have a different 1+1.

JulianG

Mar 23, 2006
I got ~50-53 mpg at first but after 5000 km it was ~59-62 mpg. When the whole engine broke and was changed in 15000 km then it went back to ~50 mpg.. so they seem to be better after a while.
Ouch! I assume you got a new engine under warranty?

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
Find it hard to believe you get over 70mpg....even yhe official figure isn't that high. The tuning box will have corrupted the reading so the only truly way is to fill it to the brim and work it out manually. Mine has done 24k miles and I can get 70mpg on the run to work sitting at 60moh, being really gentle on the throttle and it includes a 2mile downhill section. Usually average low 50's over a tank of mixed driving.

AlistairS

Jan 3, 2008
Stirlingshire
How did you find 3+2?

Also how old is your Trevor?
I think there were some updated maps put on Trevor last year (I bought mine in October) so if you've had yours longer than that, then you may have a different 1+1.

I didn't have any issues with 3 +2 but I haven't been pushing as the car is so new. The DTUK box was bought for this car so its only a few weeks old.

Initially I wasn't sure if there was a difference between standard & having the box fitted. Probably due to the fact I was running an Audi S1 with Revo Stage 1 @ 315 bhp before this... expecting too much:)

JulianG

Mar 23, 2006
I didn't have any issues with 3 +2 but I haven't been pushing as the car is so new. The DTUK box was bought for this car so its only a few weeks old.

Initially I wasn't sure if there was a difference between standard & having the box fitted. Probably due to the fact I was running an Audi S1 with Revo Stage 1 @ 315 bhp before this... expecting too much:)
Arh ok, you'll defo have the latest 1+1 then :)

And I can see the 184 not really comparing to an S1, let alone a remapped one!

Last edited:

AlistairS

Jan 3, 2008
Stirlingshire
Arh ok, you'll defo have the latest 1+1 then :)

And I can see the 184 not really comparing to an S1, let alone a remapped one!

I am enjoying the FR its a lot more comfortable & with the mpg difference ( Audi 30mpg) it makes for a big saving

MK_FR

May 20, 2007
Finland
Ouch! I assume you got a new engine under warranty?

Yes warranty covered it. It took almost two months to get the new engine (and it came from Skoda's factory) but they gave me a free replacement Leon so everything went smooth. I was never told what went wrong and they didn't give any documents about that so the next owner won't know anything about it.. :shrug:

Last edited:

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford
FR (184) remapped to 220bhp

I commute from Manchester to Huddersfield Monday to Friday and the best MPG I have achieved is 76.4mpg but that is driving 60-70 mph. The most I've had out of a full tank is 620 miles the range had gone to zero and I drove about 10 miles on zero range, when I filled it up I got 48.75 litres to brim so with that in mind I guess you could get 30 miles more when the range is at zero? MAYBE ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise