Freetrack Mudflaps

A-Spot

Old Newbie
Sep 27, 2017
Having trouble sourcing a set of mudflaps for my Altea4 Freetrack. I can get front ones (5P8075111), but the rears (5P8075102) are discontinued so desperately hoping to find some on a shelf somewhere or if anyone knows another supplier who still has stock. Are there any European outlets that can ship to uk, as I think that maybe there may be better availability inlight of the model being available up until 2015 over there?

A-Spot

Old Newbie
Sep 27, 2017
Just to add, I contacted SEAT UK Customer Services which resulted in a 'Computer says No' conversation:banghead2.... but also contacted BRENTREE SEAT Dealers who originally supplied the car, where Michelle who took the call was up against the same challenges, but fair play she did a bit of digging around, various other channels of enquiry and several returned calls before giving me the bad news of only the fronts are available, thanks Michelle for not kicking me to touch at the first opportunity.

A-Spot

Old Newbie
Sep 27, 2017
Hi, you could try to talk this German car part dealer into sending it over to the UK, thou it's not mentioned as an option. On the other hand UK is not mentioned in the exclude list, so there is hope.
Another one, and a third, but unfortunately, all offers are limited to shipping only within Germany.

It might nevertheless be worth a try ...
Thanks for the options there,I’ll take a look over next few days and see what I can find out. I used to buy my old Polo G40 stuff direct from Germany so maybe I’ll dust off language skill and give it a go.

A-Spot

Old Newbie
Sep 27, 2017
Germans won't post, and I'm kinda glad about that as they also wanted £95 for a pair of rear mudflaps!!

have got a new line of inquiry this week, so I'm trying out my Polish instead.:idea:

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Germans won't post, and I'm kinda glad about that as they also wanted £95 for a pair of rear mudflaps!!
Sorry to hear that. About the price: I've found some brochure from 2011 mentioning prices for those genuine parts of ~100 Euros (see attachment) i.e. ~£90 , what would you pay for those at the dealers over in the UK (if at all deliverable)?
Image2.jpg

A-Spot

Old Newbie
Sep 27, 2017
Sorry to hear that. About the price: I've found some brochure from 2011 mentioning prices for those genuine parts of ~100 Euros (see attachment) i.e. ~£90 , what would you pay for those at the dealers over in the UK (if at all deliverable)?
View attachment 2730

UK dealer prices, albeit possibly discounted as they may be old stock are around £55 a pair, which most dealers still have fronts available to order but rears are listed discontinued and there for unavailable to order.

Good News, the shop I found in Poland that can supply them at 179PZL (approx £36). Only problem is the postage is restricted to Poland(£3.60) or Czech Rep(£5).

:idea:

So I'm lucky enough to have some great neighbours who are Polish, who also send regular parcels back and forth to theres home in Poland, so Mudflaps are now on there way to there home address in Poland before being reposted to me with their next gift bundle.

Think I may have to make this car a keeper :dance:

A-Spot

Old Newbie
Sep 27, 2017
Quick update, Polish order not arrived yet, but local VW dealer sourced the front pair for me, not fitted yet as I'll do them all the same time and corner swap my wheels ready for the winter, and to maintain even tire where. I'll post some pics when its done.

Last edited:

A-Spot

Old Newbie
Sep 27, 2017
0IiHIKq-425hyaezHn_7wbJeA
I spoke too soon, 30mins after writing above, my nieghbour knocked the door with a box in his hands. Was about to leave for work (the joy of an afternoon shift:cry:) an looked at my watch and thought, 'I can do this in 30mins!'
Didn’t get time to move my wheels about, but flaps are fitted, will try and get some better pics tomorrow, was a bit pushed for time, and I’m not even sure how it looks from different angles/distances yet myself.

Attachments

• IMG_3087.JPG
    IMG_3087.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 114

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Happy ending :thumbup:
I only wonder what the flaps should be good for? :think:
This shiny looking car doesn't seem to be made for off-road driving ... [B)]

Last edited:

A-Spot

Old Newbie
Sep 27, 2017
Happy ending :thumbup:
I only wonder what the flaps should be good for? :think:
This shiny looking car doesn't seem to be made for off-road driving ... [B)]
I think it certainly helps keep it cleaner when the dreaded winter salt is on the roads! My 245’s seem to kick up a lot of spray

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise