Freetrack - rear seat 7" TFT screen

jamborino

Aug 3, 2009
What exactly is the point of the 7" TFT screen in the back of the Freetrack.

I know you can plug in a portable DVD or MP4 player, but wouldn't your back seat passengers just watch their movies or whatever on those devices. Why bother connecting them up to the Freetrack screen when portable DVD and MP4 players have their own screens?

I don't get it - am I missing something here?

TIA

freetrack

It depends. My daughters are too young, I don't want to let them play with the mp4 player. Of course, it is only for few years, later they will probably watch it on the player. But, now I have just a player without a screen, so for me it does make sense.

jamborino

Aug 3, 2009
What's the video quality like when you connect your MP4 to the Freetrack screen?

I'm assuming the screen on your MP4 player is a lot smaller then 7", so does it retain its resolution when played back through the car's screen or is there a loss of resolution (blockiness)?

Many thanks.

freetrack

resolution is OK, but I usually play DVDs or DivX movies in higher quality, so not sure how it looks with lower resolution. I can try with some photos.

twistandgo

We use DVD's converted via videora on to the ipod and connect that in.

As above, kids are a little young to use the infra red head-phones supplied so we suffer the sound through the car speakers...

Works a treat, keeps the kids happy on long journeys until they are asleep then we just play music.

Video quality quality is perfectly good for purpose... have suggested several times that I would like to sit in the back and watch movies while the wife drives... but alas "The Departed" etc... isnt suitable for the little un's !!

Does its job but I do understand that probably... if SEAT had installed a DVD player in the car straight off.... it would have made more sense... Audi do one for the roof, so did SEAT with the Alhambra... Go figure?....

jontbone

Hi Freetrack, which screenless player do you use?
Had the car since 2008 and this is the first time I've considered using the 7" screen (we now have 2 toddlers).

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'll find you the link. And the 12v adaptor. eBay special, but was about £26 and plays everything.

Ideal for driving about listening to dispicable me over the stereo

jontbone

Thanks Mork, sounds ideal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Media Player - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140875344690?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
12V Car Adaptor - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351033004641?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I plug a 1TB USB Drive off the back of the Media Player, and since I lost the remote control as I opened the box I've managed to control it just with the buttons on the front.

Only annoyance is that the 12V in the back interrupts when you start the car resetting the box - so set it up running only once the engine is on!

jontbone

Thank you Sir, will be ordering those ASAP.
Great advice too, I'd better not stall the car when sleeping beauty is on!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amira

Jun 23, 2018
Hello, I drive a Seat Altea. I have the Tft screen at the rear but dont know how to use it. I have mp4 files on my Lenovo tablet. How do I connect the two and choose between the files? Do I use the 12V adaptor outlet. Please help. Thx!

TheRookie

Feb 9, 2015
Hello, I drive a Seat Altea. I have the Tft screen at the rear but dont know how to use it. I have mp4 files on my Lenovo tablet. How do I connect the two and choose between the files? Do I use the 12V adaptor outlet. Please help. Thx!
If your tablet got analogue output then you need RCAx3 adaptor. If not then you'll need some media player with RCA outputs. I am using Raspberry Pi with Kodi.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.