Front brake discs

Drew1

Jan 14, 2018
Burton on trent
Hi everyone, but if a stupid question, I’ve brought new drilled and vented brake discs for the front, it’s doesn’t say left or right anywhere, which way round do they go, do the grooves go with the direction. Of the wheel or opposite thanks

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi mate there is a lot of opinions of which was the grooved should go. Long story short on mine I went this way.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi mate there is a lot of opinions of which was the grooved should go. Long story short on mine I went this way.
I ain’t even had them long I’ve done no heavy braking and they seem to warped already that’s why I ask mate
really that’s not good. How many miles have you done on them to bed them in? I I did over a hundred miles of urban driving stop start etc before even trying to use the car hard. Also what make are the brakes you fitted?

Attachments

• B7B85783-CDF7-4C27-9DFA-005C1FD95D3B.jpeg
    B7B85783-CDF7-4C27-9DFA-005C1FD95D3B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 72

Drew1

Jan 14, 2018
Burton on trent
really that’s not good. How many miles have you done on them to bed them in? I I did over a hundred miles of urban driving stop start etc before even trying to use the car hard. Also what make are the brakes you fitted?
That’s what way round mine are, they are encouraged with red stuff pads over 300 quid just fir front

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi mate I’ve got ebc pads on mine too did you read in the paperwork how they want you to bed them in? It’s very different to how I’ve been bedding cars in. I had to do over 250 miles on the pads urban driving without heavy breaking to bed them. When I first got into the car they felt like they were slightly warped which I was quite worried about myself due to like you said there cost. But after doing what they said for the miles they said they are fine. Who fitted the breaks? Did they clean up the matting faces on the hub flange etc? I’m in Basingstoke to way too far other wise I’d gladly helped take a look.

Drew1

Jan 14, 2018
Burton on trent
They are ebc red stuff just found out they are ceramic could this be the reason I’m getting bad steering wheel wobble at around 80 when braking

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
That shouldn’t matter however those are some pretty hard core pads for a road car. It’s hard to say without having a look at it mate. I know that even after I did 300 miles of bedding in on my ebc brakes I still have tried the brakes in anger yet. At first mine juddered I thought the discs where warped spoke to ebc and they said give it 250miles of light urban driving and it’ll stop. So I did what they said for 300 just to be sure now they are great no more shake.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members