Front passenger door wouldn't open

ljsanders

catch me if ypu can....
Feb 25, 2002
Havant Hampshire
Visit site
This afternoon I had a strange thing happen with my MY00 LC on the near side (passenger) front door.

All the doors were set to open (via the central locking), knob on the door was up. Just couldn't open the door from the outside. All the other doors were ok.

I jumped into the drivers side to see if I could open the door from the inside, a few tags of the door handle and eventually the door opened.

Now the door seems to be ok! It was almost as if I activated the central locking
whilst I was in the car and then tried to open the door from the inside. Except that the knob was up at the time, so I should have been able to open the door from
the outside.

Anyone else had this? Done a search, couldn't find anything.

Cheers

Cupramax

Uber pimp meister
Aug 1, 2001
Had somebody tried opening the door while you were unlocking it i.e. holding the door handle up while you pressed the unlock button on your keyfob? My ex always used to get to the car before me then wonder why she couldn't get in :D The only way it would then unlock would be to open it using the inside passenger door handle.

ljsanders

catch me if ypu can....
Feb 25, 2002
Havant Hampshire
Visit site
Could be.... but I tried several times locking and unlocking via the remote key fob and the door still wouldn't open. I thought if someone tried to open the door whilst I was unlocking, all you do is relocking and unlock and its sorted.

I couldn't open the door even after several lock/unlock attempts.

Thanks for your ideas anyway.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.