Front pdc wiring needed

Dane Percival

Dec 29, 2018
hi guys in a pickle, I’ve had a new bumper on the car (cupra 280 14 plate) a while now with pdc all fitted to the bumper but not connected to the car as the original connector was ripped off (on the cars side of the loom) so I’m just left with 6 coloured wires, I’ve got a new connector but I though it would be a simple match up the colours from the bumpers connector and solder it on, but there different colours coming from the car, so I’m after a wiring diagram to work it out of possible, any help much appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Okay, from the SEAT Leon workshop manual:- Pin1 = Green/Grey, Pin2 = Green/Purple, Pin3 = Green/Blue, Pin4 = Green/Yellow, Pin5 = Red/Yellow, Pin6 = Brown/Yellow

That means that G255, Left Outer - Signal = Green/Grey, G254, Left Inner - Signal = Green/Purple, G253, Right Inner - Signal = Green/Blue, G252, Right Outer - Signal = Green/Yellow, Power = Red/Yellow, Earth = Brown/Yellow.

On the sensors, Pin1 = Power, Pin2 = Signal, Pin3 = Earth

Edit:- bother all that was the colours for the connector still intact!

Here are the pin numbers and colours for the mating/missing connector:- Pin1 = White, Pin2 = White/Red, Pin3 = Grey, Pin4 = Green, Pin5 = White/Purple, Pin6 = White/Yellow.

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
It took me a few attempts to get that right!

Good luck, how exactly do you plan to sort this out, you said that you were going to solder in the new connector, have you bought a new "same type" as SEAT used with a set of connector pins?

It will really be down to finding an equivalent 6-way connector that is weather proofed, or you will get water into it and that will cause you problems later on. I fitted front the correct front sensors to my S4 and bought new connectors as the cabling I bought used a 10-way connector pair which was not as VW Group would have used, there where enough sealing glands and spare pins for me to complete that job as per factory fit.

Dane Percival

Dec 29, 2018
I brought a used vag connector off eBay, just extended the wiring and soldered it onto the loom worked a treat, done it today, thanks for your help

Reactions: Damo H
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members