Front splitter, rear diffuser and side skirts

Jan 18, 2020
Hi guys n girls, I’ve just bought a cupra 290 2019 and have a a question regarding styling... I’ve seen cupras with front splitters and side skirts that look stock factory etc etc however mine doesn’t have skirts etc so it looks pretty basic... so question being where do I look for these parts ?i don’t want anything mental just something that looks like it’s meant to be there from factory etc etc can anyone help?

JackB

Jan 18, 2020
Hi, don't have them fitted myself but most people buy the parts from somewhere like Maxton, Rieger or TRC. There are a few different options depending on how aggressive/subtle you want things to look.

Check out this thread to see the different splitter options: https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/the-ultimate-front-splitter-thread.436086/

I don't think there is a dedicated thread for side skirts / diffusers but if you search around here and on Google you will get lots of images to go off.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
If you are after stock looking, then it’s OEM I’m afraid. They have 2 versions of side skirts, blades and full side skirts. I’ve had both, and think the full skirts look better than the blades I have on the Carbon. So much so I ended up lowering the Carbon to improve the look.

1A63C44B-3A4E-4779-B459-F329D0968366.jpeg

Reactions: Slink and donoli74

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
If you are after stock looking, then it’s OEM I’m afraid. They have 2 versions of side skirts, blades and full side skirts. I’ve had both, and think the full skirts look better than the blades I have on the Carbon. So much so I ended up lowering the Carbon to improve the look.

View attachment 12560
I've considered both, I think the blades would look better on a 5 door with a brighter colour (blue red and silver), where as the skirts look better on darker/flatter colours, IE black grey and white.

I intended to have the blades put on mine with them being painted red with a black trim in keeping with the rest of the colours on the car. The skirts would only add to the depth of the body and might look out of place if that section of the car is lower than the front and rear bumpers.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.