Front Strut size suspension 150 FR 2.0 tdi

Wilson9

Oct 12, 2010
Does anyone know what the front Strut size is for a 2.0tdi 2014 FR 150.

Need new suspension and going aftermarket instead of OEM.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Sounds like a strange question without being silly, most aftermarket suppliers will have a part number for this version of Leon.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Sounds like a strange question without being silly, most aftermarket suppliers will have a part number for this version of Leon.
Im going on from what the old golfs were like

non sporty versions had a 50mm front strut and the faster ones got the 55mm struts. Thinking the leon may be the same scenario.

Wilson9

Oct 12, 2010

I wish it was that simple. There's the strut size, rear suspension set up torsion beam or multi link and front axle load to add confusion.

I've narrowed it down to 2 setups just need to know the strut size.

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
Did mine last weekend, same car they were 55mm. Mine is a ST so has the beam rear axle, make sure you get the right shocks as they are different.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Maybe that is why I start off by checking known VW Group part supplier's web cats to get hold of part numbers etc - then with that info you can check that aftermarket suppliers are or are not supplying the correct parts. This comes in very handy when walking into places like ECP and getting handed what they think is what you need - learned by experience, once bitten twice wiser! It might annoy them when you question them, but it can save a lot of wasted time/miles/gallons.
I also have a habit of checking and recording the VW Group part numbers of "wear and tear" parts when I buy a new car, that works for me very well further down the line with a car.

Wilson9

Oct 12, 2010
Maybe that is why I start off by checking known VW Group part supplier's web cats to get hold of part numbers etc - then with that info you can check that aftermarket suppliers are or are not supplying the correct parts. This comes in very handy when walking into places like ECP and getting handed what they think is what you need - learned by experience, once bitten twice wiser! It might annoy them when you question them, but it can save a lot of wasted time/miles/gallons.
I also have a habit of checking and recording the VW Group part numbers of "wear and tear" parts when I buy a new car, that works for me very well further down the line with a car.

To be honest I have no idea what your talking about. No offence

I came here to ask about strut size for suspension, I emailed the company supplying but they needed to know a few things the only one I couldn't answer was strut diameter.

Wilson9

Oct 12, 2010
In case anyone else ever needs to know my 2014 2.0tdi FR with torsion beam are 50mm struts.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.