front washer not working

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
It sound a lot like the multi stalk switches on the steering column has failed, this has, by all accounts on VW Group motoring forums, been a weakness of this age of Fabia/Polo/Ibiza and maybe even A1.

If you had access to a diagnostic tool like VCDS I'm guessing that you could demand the front washers directly and see what effect that had, ie if they worked, then the actual function would get switched if commanded directly and not via an external demand from the stalk switch.

Reactions: joe_ibiza_6j

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I thought, that from memory, there was only one fuse covering the washer pump - and the rear washer function has been reported as working okay.

Jan 10, 2023
seat ibiza 2013 front washer not working ( No noise from pump) but rear does work. also new pump fitted.
I have exactly the same issue, rear washer makes pump sound, but nothing at all for the front washer (although, both front and rear wipers are working correctly)...
I have checked fuse, wires... Seems to be a stalk issue, but I am not going to change it...

Jan 10, 2023
It sound a lot like the multi stalk switches on the steering column has failed, this has, by all accounts on VW Group motoring forums, been a weakness of this age of Fabia/Polo/Ibiza and maybe even A1.

If you had access to a diagnostic tool like VCDS I'm guessing that you could demand the front washers directly and see what effect that had, ie if they worked, then the actual function would get switched if commanded directly and not via an external demand from the stalk switch.
Hi, I do not remember that there is such option in VCDS...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.