Front wheel spring is broken

RogerW

Viking
Feb 26, 2005
Norway
When i turned right to get out of my garage yesterday, there was a loud bang. I jacked the car up and a found out that the right side wheel spring was broken. A 5 inch long bit had snapped right off(bottom of spring). Have anyone else had this on their car?
I'm thinking maybe the springs are getting too much stress after I got the new dog-bone mounts. I'm thinking this because now the car no longer have the motor "flexing" when I drive on roads that are in bad condition. Surely this must be stressing the springs, what do you think? I've had the dogbone mount on for 4 months now...:shrug:

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
The engine mounts have nothing to do with stresses put through the suspension, so its irrelevant. I have had springs break on a Golf and my BMW. They do fatigue after a while, although generally after fairly big mileage/age.

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
mine went overnight just a couple of weeks after the MOT and only 21k on an Ibiza there has been a rash of this around the village since we got several sets of speed bumps( sorry cushions) wast of time trying to claim tho'

Distant Sun

Contains mild peril
Sep 9, 2005
Belfast
Had the front passenger side spring break on mine, though it was a couple of inches broke off the top of the spring. Car was four years old at the time, no engine or suspension modifications. Just one of those things......:shrug:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.