Front Windscreen Wipers

StuAlteaTDI

Fixed

Swapped the pesky wiper blades over as suggested and now work A'ok. :-o Thanks guys, can now go out in the rain and use the washers without fear of leaving a bigger mess that was originally there!!

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
Also swapped wiper blades from left to right and as found by others made a big improvement - no judder, clean sweep. Can see also why might be a problem at speed or in high winds as the airflow profile will now be wrong.

Asked local stealer how much for new ones - £20.09 each plus vat and it would cost me about £2.50 in fuel to get them making the total a smidge under £50.:( Those on Ebay posted from Germany would be £34 delivered and though have never dealt with them have no reaon to suspect a problem having dealt with quite a few car related German sites. Will probably get a set before the winter if nothing changes in UK supply.

How much are they in Spain.....instead of bringing fags home how about a few sets of wiper blades and make them available for a suitable donation ;) via the forum???? Just a thought!

ALTEA DUDE

2.0 TDi Sport
Sep 14, 2005
Glad everyone is benefiting from my fiddling with my wipers a year ago! They should put the blades on the wrong way round when they build them.

And I also have to say that after a year of having my blades on the wrong way round I have never noticed any problem with the airflow profile being back to front.

The blades are so thin anyway unless your driving into a hurricane you will never notice any difference.

I dont think I'll bother wasting money on the Bosch ones either as I did with my previous cars. I'm still using the factory fitted blades and they are still going strong after 16 months so I'll be buying SEAT ones again when they need replaced :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.