Front wings

RACK

Oct 22, 2014
Rotherham
Usual rust marks have come up on my passenger wing, only surface at the min and the drivers now has a little bubble or 2 coming

thinking of gettin a pair of new ones popped on

where have you lot got yours from when replacing them?
Seen a seller on eBay selling them for about £130 each, pained and delivered which I’d say is decent

just wondered what prices or other options people have had?

ibiza1.8t-cupra

Jan 27, 2020
Hi,
I have a rust bubble just come up drivers side wing too, so annoying, might just do that one. I have had a look on eBay too and you can get new painted wings in your paint code for £95 each delivered, that looks like great value, just wondering how hard they are to change diy? Looks to be bolted not welded on. I wonder if they are real or pattern part, as those can have fitting issues. I will ask seller.

Reactions: RACK

RACK

Oct 22, 2014
Rotherham
Hi,
I have a rust bubble just come up drivers side wing too, so annoying, might just do that one. I have had a look on eBay too and you can get new painted wings in your paint code for £95 each delivered, that looks like great value, just wondering how hard they are to change diy? Looks to be bolted not welded on. I wonder if they are real or pattern part, as those can have fitting issues. I will ask seller.

have you got a link for the wing for that price mate?
Cheapest I could find was about £135 delivered

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Thinking of buying 2 of these and swapping them myself whilst I'm off work for the next few months. I think it's just a case of remove the front bumper, both front wheels, both arch liners and then they just unscrew.

Reactions: RACK
Feb 18, 2019
Thinking of buying 2 of these and swapping them myself whilst I'm off work for the next few months. I think it's just a case of remove the front bumper, both front wheels, both arch liners and then they just unscrew.
How did you get on with this? thinking about doing it myself also.

RoyE

Jul 24, 2013
Lincs
How did you get on with this? thinking about doing it myself also.
I did both wings on my MK4 FR last year - it's fiddly but I'm no expert and managed ok - took a few hours each with basic tools and an axle stand, one at a time.

Remove bumper (and plastic undertray thing attached to it), front wheels, arch liners and side indicators then unscrew the wings.

Good youtube video "Seat Ibiza front wing removal" and another on how to remove front bumper.

Hardest part was trying get the new wings (pre-painted from ebay) into shape - great colour match (black magic) but not the perfect shape... Shut lines aren't great but don't really notice compared to old wings which were rusted through ;-)

Ps I had to replace some torx screws for undertray/bumper (222598575016 on ebay) and some plastic lock nuts for wings (371551494750) as they broke off or I had to mess the head up to get them out

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.