Fuel cap lock wont open! PLEASE HELP!!!

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
The small switch that is activated when the central locking is on to keep the fuel cap door locked isnt bloody opening! I've tried to open from the inside like the manual says by pulling this cord but it came away in my chuffing hand! what can i do!?!?!

should i just try and get the unit out by unscrewing it from inside the boot?

i'm gonna check the fuse but dunno which one to look for :(

PLEASE HELP!!!

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
This happened to me too.

I managed to get my finger in behnd the petrol flap and pull it open far enough to slide a key in to push down the prong thats stuck open.

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
tried that but the rod was stuck solid,

managed to sort it now, if this happens to anyone else this is how i sorted it. Felt around in the boot around the unit, and managed to get my hand far up enough to feel the top of the solenoid and managed to get the rod off, gonna get Andy at work to have a look tomorrow.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
This happened to me today for the second time since I have had my car, first time I broke the useless bit of cord that you are supposed to pull to open the cap, this time I took the little metal rod out, and it's staying out. It's one of those things that doesn't happen often but when it does it's hugely annoying. Had stacks of faults with my car from new, I can't see me buying another Seat, I like the car I just can't be doing with things constantly going wrong. [:@]

flashbsd

isn't there a emergancy pull string in the boot, i've used it once or twice now, my solenoid is sticky, but i can live with it, car is 5 years old now :)

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
flashbsd said:
isn't there a emergancy pull string in the boot, i've used it once or twice now, my solenoid is sticky, but i can live with it, car is 5 years old now :)

Awesome_Andy said:
I've tried to open from the inside like the manual says by pulling this cord but it came away in my chuffing hand! what can i do!?!?!

;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise