Fuel Economy and Range

Cornishgreg

Feb 13, 2014
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but wondering what people are getting from the Exeo.

Currently very impressed with mine.

Two back to back tank fulls, fill up 1 - 692 miles from 65.15 Litres (48.3MPG), fill up 2 - 721 miles from 64.98 litres (50.5MPG).

No slow driving, always at 'traffic' speeds on A roads and motorways.

These are some of the best figures I've seen (the OBD shows 50+MPG from time to time, but always take that with a pinch of salt).

All of this made even better by the fact I had a 20p/Litre discount at Tesco for the second tank. Paid 94p/Litre (£61.08 to fill the car)!!

Anyone else seeing good figures??

Mrski1

May 12, 2008
Aberdeen
I was initially a little dissapointed with the mpg on my 2.0 143 ST.

I average around 43 mpg per tank but that is using one half of the tank on a long drive, then the rest for commuting at rush hour.

Its the long drives where I was getting less than expected, high 40's low 50's at sensible speeds, I have since realised that the air con was always on, and put a tank of posh diesel through the car, and the last long trip it managed 57mpg on the way down and 61mpg on the way back, much more like it!

Aim

Aug 11, 2002
Portsmouth
Pretty disappointing mpg from mine so far, first tank was about 41mpg, second was 42mpg and third was 41mpg as well.

I'm driving a bit like an old lady to see if it will improve, my commute is motorway but I tend to get into a 50mph stretch when it's busy, and have a bit of traffic to get from the office to the motorway on the way home.

This is using 'normal' Shell diesel, I think on my next tank I'll pop in some Nitro Plus V Power or whatever it's called these days.

At some point I want to get a Revo remap done on it, had one on my Leon and was very impressed. I'm hoping this will improve fuel consumption slightly as well.

okedave

Jul 14, 2014
I average 55-60 out of mine doing a mixture of dual carraigeway, motorway and windy devon lanes. I tend to stick the cruise control on when using the dual carraigeway and motorway so dont know if that helps. I drive about 1000 miles a week.

Baxterlad

Jan 24, 2013
Air con. Which is this? It doesn't say air con. I'm getting 45 miles to a full tank. Trip shows high 30's low 40's. Use Maxol fuel. Mines a 170 St. Really bugging me. Any thoughts?

Mrski1

May 12, 2008
Aberdeen
Air con. Which is this? It doesn't say air con. I'm getting 45 miles to a full tank. Trip shows high 30's low 40's. Use Maxol fuel. Mines a 170 St. Really bugging me. Any thoughts?

If you push the ECON button so the light comes on, it disables the air con.

RichL

Oct 21, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
I do about 8 miles a day urban so I dont even bother checking the mpg, but last time I did a motorway run the OBD reported 57mpg over 120 mile round trip at 70+ the whole way.
I was using BP regular diesel and mines got a DTUK tuning box fitted.

greeny

Jul 23, 2001
Hants
Visit site
Averaging 59 to 61mpg in my 62 plate 143 Tech, but 95% of my trips are motorways with the cruise control at 70mph... typically I do about 500 miles a week.

I know they made the gearing longer in the later models (mine) so this must help mpg.

Been really pleased with the car, so much more refined than my old Altea Sport.

Baxterlad

Jan 24, 2013
I've literally just drove home with the econ light on (meaning aircon off) and my mpg has rocketed to above 45 mpg. Surely. It couldn't be that simple.

seafar99

Feb 20, 2015
Scotland
Hi Everybody first post from me as i picked up my '10'plate Exeo TDI 170 (Revo remapped) from near Darlington today. Drove back up to near Glasgow, roughly 190 miles at roughly 80 mph and returned 50.2 mpg. Car performed perfectly , so one, at the moment ,new convert to the Exeo cause.

seafar99

Feb 20, 2015
Scotland
The car came with it remapped, done by David Cook Motors (Oldham) Seat main dealers licensed to do Revo mapping, cost on receipt is £420. Pulls very smoothly, didn't want to push it too far today but I had lots of overtaking HGV's on the 66' Scotch Corner to Penrith stretch, coped easily.

NeilMcK

Dec 31, 2007
Central Scotland
After having my 143st for 3 months its settled to about 45-46 on average. That's using non-supermarket std diesel with every other tank getting millers eco stuff.

That's in mixed driving, some slow, not too much heavy traffic and motorway cruising at 70-75.

I drive it at traffic speeds, but overall its 10 percent less than I'd like so slightly disappointing.

It does have nasty tyres on the front (Tigar Syneris- NOT recommended) so I'm hoping these are to blame and it'll improve when I swap to Michelin, Dunlop or Goodyear in a couple of months.

I never scrimp on tyres, brakes or oil, just a false economy.

I am jealous to hear folks getting 50+ _ who'd have thought? Fuel economy envy :D

Neil

Last edited:

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
I'm running a 170 and get 40-44 on daily chores around town and bit of dual carriage way.

50mpg if I am gentle on a long run (65-70mph). 45mpg is the norm and the cars long term average on the OBC.

I tend to fill up when I've done 550 miles on a tank but don't let it go down too far into the red. Always have the air con on auto.

Tyres and Bridgestone & Goodyear and it's serviced yearly/10k.

Last edited:

CoupeKing

Apr 20, 2014
Mine's a 143 Sport Tech.
Covered around 7k since I bought her, mostly motorway miles with cruise set around 80.
52.7mpg indicated on OBD.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members