• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.
  • Hi Guest! The new metal keyrings are now in stock with free delivery in the UK order yours now.

fuel flap idea

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I have always been unhappy with my Exeo's fuel flap opening, I struggle to open it. A friend of mine has just collected a Skoda and it has a posh to open/push to close spring clip thing going on just inside the fuel flap. I think this part would probably fit the Exeo but I have no part number.

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about (with a red arrow)

And here is a pic of my Exeo's poverty spec rubber bumper that I want to mod.

I thust thought that maybe someone on here with a VAG parts list could point me in the right direction

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
they ok had few cars with push to open a few open from inside car best :p i find pushing at the hinge side a bit fiddly.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
I don't know if there's a hole all the way through the wing behind the rubber bumper, but looks about the right size for glueing in an Ikea-spec cabinet plunger
Ok, it's not OEM, but I'd imagine the plunger on the Skoda is part of a complete fuel flap assy :(

Last edited:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
OK so I have had some spare time today after getting my hands on a little popper/opener off of a glass cabinet and done a modification to my fuel flap.

Comments good or bad welcome.

Unscrew the original rubber bumper

Here is the pop opener thing I am using

And then I fitted a rubber gromet that was exactly the right width to make the spacing correct and give an OK finish.

Here is a little video of the mod in action clicky

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
No, but the original never did either
Then either I randomly lose all strength after locking my car, my car is broken, or I'm a mentalist. I suspect the latter, but I'm sure mine does lock closed.

I'm gonna check...

I'm not a mentalist, the fuel cover locks when the car is locked. Actually questioned my sanity for a second :-o

Last edited:

12string

Rocker
Oct 5, 2006
Inverness
Nice mod Nath.

Where did you get the pressure release catch ?

I looked in B&Q but they didn't even stock anything like it.

Cheers

GAP Insurance - cover the difference for peace of mind