Fuel Flap Jammed - best way to break in?

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Had the dreaded failiure to open the fuel filller flap this morning, luckily not in urgent need of fuel. As there's no emergency release (f*cking cheapskates) what's the best way to break in? Is it just brute force and ignorance?

This time I'll probably call SEAT roadside and let them do it (car's still under warranty, and get it fixed at it's service in a couple of weeks, but I'd like to know for next time. (Had this happen about 20 minutes after I'd picked up the car a couple of years ago, but a lucky prod got it to open then)

DACA

Mar 7, 2011
Garstang Lancs
Hi it’s a known VAG fault and should be replaced under warranty. Get someone to continually press lock unlock on your key fob and you press hard on/ off on the flap after a short time it should spring open. The dealer will book you in to inspect then order parts. That is unless they are kind and considerate.

Reactions: Tell

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Well no amount of pressing whilst locking or unlocking worked, but fortunately I had already got a service booked, and enough fuel to last until then. Replaced under warranty.

I'm guessing they remove the boot trim and rotate and remove the actuator from the inside - no signs of apparent violence having been applied to the flap.

Reactions: Tell
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members