Fuel Leak

mark_eisner

Jul 18, 2010
mark.theeisners.co.uk
Noticed a puddle of Diesel in my parking spot so started investigating. Drips of Diesel all over the fuel tank and everything behind it with no sign of an origin point. Suspected the return line going back into the tank as it only leaks while running.

Found this:
fuelleak.jpg

It is leaking from the blue return line. From the cracked fuel level connector I assume someones had a fiddle who didn't care/know what they were doing. I haven't managed to get the fuel connector off yet to see what's damaged etc. How do you get these connectors off without damaging them?

Anyone had this and any tips for fixing properly?

Its a 55 plate FR 150 and I've only had it for a week! :censored:

jayjaycupra1.8t

Aug 30, 2013
Those things are a major pain mate. I managed to snap the connects that go into my fuel filter (petrol version) and when looking into getting new ones was told tgat you cannot buy the connectors seperately and have to buy the full lines....all of them.....which is major money.

I ended up buying a few barbed connectors and some rubber fuel pipe and hose clamps. I hose clamped a bit of the fuel pipe onto the stub that comes out of the fuel pump and managed to feed it down to the fuel filter bylowering the fuel fank.

Been like that for about three months now and no problems at all.

jayjaycupra1.8t

Aug 30, 2013
Are you serious.. might have to enquire about replacing mine then!! After reading somewhere on line that they dont sell them separately I just tried a diy fix.

cheers for the info!!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise