Full led headlights

Mar 23, 2021
Hello. What do I need to retrofit the full led headlights? I have halogen. Have found the headlights but I don't know what extra thing I may need and what coding. Is it that hard?

I have seat leon 5f 1.5 facelift mk3.5
Thank you.

UnworthyBean

Dec 6, 2019
This has come up multiple times and the general consensus is it's not worth it. Arguably cheaper to buy a new car with LED lights.

Along with the actual lights there's a bunch of wiring tied in to the rear suspension for the auto leveling along with needing someone to code them in.

Mar 23, 2021
even if you did get the lights to work, I imagine it would generate a fault code due to the missing levelling sensor.

I would also guess the headlights would then default to their lowest setting, so you'd actually end up with worse headlight throw
If I buy the levelling sensor and install it, it is impossible? Also can I install only facelift headlights or pre facelift? (I have facelift)

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
I don't have detailed answers to your questions.

As per the first reply on this thread, many people have asked the same questions over the years - on retro fitting the LED headlights - I don't recall any getting it to work.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@Dimos89; Easier and cheaper to upgrade the halogen bulbs in your existing headlamp units with some better (halogen) bulbs IMHO. These were the top three in a recent Auto Express test;
  1. Twenty20 Daylight 150
  2. Philips RacingVision GT200
  3. Osram Night Breaker Laser

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Seriously, why not just buy another car? The facelift cars which don't have the LED lights are also missing a bunch of other toys too. changing the car will probably be cheaper than changing the lights and you'll gain more than just the lights.

Plus, you'll have a car which has not been modified.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Seriously, why not just buy another car? The facelift cars which don't have the LED lights are also missing a bunch of other toys too. changing the car will probably be cheaper than changing the lights and you'll gain more than just the lights.

Plus, you'll have a car which has not been modified.
If you read his other posts it looks like he's going to spend a small fortune to upgrade his car, it would have been cheaper to by a car with the specs he wants.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
If you read his other posts it looks like he's going to spend a small fortune to upgrade his car, it would have been cheaper to by a car with the specs he wants.
Yes, I'm questioning why he wants to do this as it makes little sense to me.

Reactions: daniel_ley
Is there a change not to install the autoleveling and just install the headlights, the wires + coding?
Yes this is possible and it's a service we can offer if you want it. However you'll have no headlight levelling and you'll only be able to adjust them manually. This will be an MOT failure. The most cost effective way would be to buy a car with them factory fit.

Reactions: JoseKaLeL