Full Link

t0m_t0m

Aug 9, 2020
Hull
The mk3 has full link for Apple Car Play/Android Auto, been using it for weeks just fine, playing Spotify, using Waze as a sat nav etc. Today driving to work there was a glitch so unplugged the phone and plugged it back in but now it's saying we need an activation code from the dealer. Quick Google says this service costs £200 is this right? Does this make the feature almost a subscription that could turn off when it likes? As a 2017 car it's out of warranty so that's a bit scummy if they can do that.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Press and hold the button that turns on the infotainment system for 20 seconds or so until it goes blank and then shows the Seat sign again.

There is no subscription service and once activated it’s activated for good.

The infotainment system is buggy and a reboot usually does the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t0m_t0m

Aug 9, 2020
Hull
Thanks, I tried turning it off and then back on (IT Crowd) with no luck, but a reboot worked.

That is quite a bug and a bit scary, if someone couldn't or didn't know about a reboot would the dealer still take advantage of a unsuspecting customer and charge like for an initial activation? I'd hope not.

I'm a bit disappointed with the features installed on the car that need a simple activation that SEAT would potentially charge for, things like the parking sensors displaying on the infotainment screen like a radar, which I activated using Carista after seeing them displayed on a Golf GTD we tested before buying the mk3. I wonder what else is installed on the car but switched off?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Have a read on the Carista/OBD11/VCDS threads on this and/or other MQB platform cars to see what can be activated.

In addition this site has the majority of VAG cars in one place:

In terms of the features, it depends on the control modules fitted to the car too - the feature you enabled on OPC for parking were not possible on the last variants of the previous generation A3.

Jan 28, 2020
On the subject of full link, is there a way to get it free or cheaper with something like OBD/Carly. It is a feature I want but struggle to justify spending £200 from SEAT. A lot of money for them to flick a switch!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
On the subject of full link, is there a way to get it free or cheaper with something like OBD/Carly. It is a feature I want but struggle to justify spending £200 from SEAT. A lot of money for them to flick a switch!

Cant be done with OBD/Carly. Need Dealer software to do it or someone who has access to software. There are a few people out there that have the software to do it but you are still looking at £150+

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Twizzah
Jan 28, 2020
Cant be done with OBD/Carly. Need Dealer software to do it or someone who has access to software. There are a few people out there that have the software to do it but you are still looking at £150+

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ah okay nice one mate. I see on OBD/Carly reviews on youtube they have the option for video in motion, would you be able to enable this if you didn’t have full link? TIA!

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Mine needs the newer usb so it’s still £150 with my Leon been a pre face lift

Apr 13, 2021
Hi. I’ve just purchased a 2018 Leon & it’s asking for Full Link activation & wondered if anyone has used the one listed on the thread to get it working rather than paying the £200 main dealer price as just a bit apprehensive

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
I’m still looking for someone available in Sheffield or in South Yorkshire.

if you’re on Facebook join the mk3 group and there’s a guy called Keiran on there that can do update your software and fit the newer usb if needs be for a bit cheaper but got to travel to Bridlington for it so I need someone more local.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.