Glove Box Light

gaza1994

Jan 11, 2020
Scottish Borders
garethjohnstone.co.uk
Anyone else have an issue with their light in the glovebox? My one is ALWAYS on and it gives off quite a bit of heat! (RIP KitKats)

So, has anyone replace the halogen (i think?) bulb with an LED one to combat the heat issue?

and if so, which one should i be lookin at getting? (assuming its on the CANBUS thing)

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Yeah, it should go off. Probably just a sticky switch. Should be easy to find and sort, the glovebox comes out easily.

veno

you have to tighten probably the rubber stoppers for the glovebox door, there is a hole in them and beneath is hex bolt. I suppose they are not screwed to the correct position and your door is not closing enough to push the switch.
Regarding the bulb I replaced mine with led and it is working ok. No canbus errors or so... I doubt glovebox light is monitored for a faulty bulb :)

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Anyone else have an issue with their light in the glovebox? My one is ALWAYS on and it gives off quite a bit of heat! (RIP KitKats)

So, has anyone replace the halogen (i think?) bulb with an LED one to combat the heat issue?

and if so, which one should i be lookin at getting? (assuming its on the CANBUS thing)
Your car is the prefacelift isn’t it? Same with mine and it is always on in my car too. As far as I know that’s normal. It used to really piss me off driving at night because the light would seep into the cabin and reflect off the chrome on my hand break.

I actually don’t have the issue anymore, or haven’t noticed it and I think what might have solved it was I turned the cabin lights to 0% in the car settings. This means that you won’t have the footwell lights but I prefer not having those to be honest. Feels weird having the interior of my car lit up at night so I turned it off.

edit: can’t be sure if that’s what fixed it but I’ll check tomorrow.

Reactions: gaza1994
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.