Glovebox light constantly ON

Zombi_Bear

Nov 1, 2020
Huddersfield
Bought my Mrs a Leon few weeks ago. Few days later i noticed the glovebox light bulb was blown as it wasn't working. I ordered an LED light unit for my glovebox. It worked perfectly however i noticed the light does not to out when i close the box (can see the light shining through the gap). I have also tried an original halogen bulb, but that stays constantly on too, even when the car is locked.

It has previously had a hard wired dash cam to the fuse box - so someone has taken it all apart and maybe broke something.

Can anyone shed some light onto this please (no pun intended)

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
If you look behind the glovebox (on the FL model) there is a push to break switch (see green circle) which switches the glovebox light on/off.

I would check to see if this is stuck/broken.

Attachments

• 402B03E9-B08A-4C84-BF28-6189DF376A52.jpeg
    402B03E9-B08A-4C84-BF28-6189DF376A52.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: Damo H

Zombi_Bear

Nov 1, 2020
Huddersfield
If you look behind the glovebox (on the FL model) there is a push to break switch (see green circle) which switches the glovebox light on/off.

I would check to see if this is stuck/broken.

Thanks for your reply.

I noticed the highlighted part myself earlier, it doesn't look stuck as it still pushes in and out. But shouldn't it be clicking in rather then just going in and out?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
There isn’t a noticeable click (ie like a light or socket switch in the house), but if you push this in, if functioning correctly the glovebox light should switch off. There will be a lobe on the back of the glovebox lid that presses against it when in the closed position.

Reactions: Damo H
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise