Going from a stage 2 ibiza cupra to focus RS back to leon cupra R hopefully

bubba

Mar 1, 2008
So the story goes

I have owned a leon cupra and stage 2 ibiza cupra i loved both these cars but made the jump to a mk1 focus rs the car is awesome but i have found it not to be very reliable despite being pampered by its one previous owner in the space of a year on a car thats only covered 38000 miles ive had to buy
Fuel pump
Heater Matrix hoses
Coil
New exhaust flexi
coolant tank
some coolant pipes
New Turbo
One way boost hose
When working the car is an animal it has a forge actuator, decat and a stage 2 map.
I have always fancied a leon cupra r in red so this is now what im looking for just have a few questions

If driven like miss daisy whats the best mpg achievable with a revo remap?
Are the faded brembos easy to bring back up to life?
how do i know if its the 225bhp version
Is there any major malfunctions to like out for other than water pump

Any buying advice will be cool

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I've not idea on the MPG on a mapped car but you could fit a EBC or N75 by pass switch to limit fuel usage when the boost is not needed.
As far as the Brembos go you can send them to Godspeed for a full re build, re paint and new Brembo stickers for £75 each plus P&P. Or as most do mask off around them and spray them on the car. New Brembo stickers cost a few £ on eBay.
There is a 210/225 differences threat in the FAQ section have a look there. For a quick look the 225 was 2004+, red mark in the middle of the steering shell, if you remove the engine cover and look at the driver side front of the cylinder head it should say BAM. 210 cars will say AMK.
Cool packs go, check the EML is not on, FSH is a must buy a car that has been loved.
These are great cars for the money. I hope I'm not rambling to much I'm pissed lol. Happy hunting.

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort

On a run, I have seen 35-38mpg from my LCR (Revo stage 2) without trying too hard. Around town, 28-30mpg if you are gentle. Of course, if you enjoy yourself you will get much less, but equally you can probably do better.

TheBigGM

VTEC Who????????
Jun 20, 2009
North Wales
nonstophits.co.uk
So the story goes

I have owned a leon cupra and stage 2 ibiza cupra i loved both these cars but made the jump to a mk1 focus rs the car is awesome but i have found it not to be very reliable despite being pampered by its one previous owner in the space of a year on a car thats only covered 38000 miles ive had to buy
Fuel pump
Heater Matrix hoses
Coil
New exhaust flexi
coolant tank
some coolant pipes
New Turbo
One way boost hose
When working the car is an animal it has a forge actuator, decat and a stage 2 map.
I have always fancied a leon cupra r in red so this is now what im looking for just have a few questions

Hey,

I've got myself a revo mapped LCR and on a run this will achieve about 34mpg (motorway only) - normal driving with a mixture of A & B roads your looking at about 27/28 mpg.

The car is really transformed with a Revo map and the power delivery really does put a smile on your face.

When looking to buy a 225 I think they started at 53/04? Best thing to do is put the reg in my car check and it will tell you.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
Hi, mine is Revo stage two'd, I find high 30's easily achievable on the motorway.

Also worth noting I find 13mpg equally as achievable :lol:

bubba

Mar 1, 2008
Cheers for the advice so far, annoying little thing all the pics of the cars I'm looking at the steering wheels and gear knobs are all worn showing red, this is really letting them down, are new steering wheels and gearknobs still available? If so how much?
I'll get some pics up of previous motors soon

bubba

Mar 1, 2008
ok so thanks to the people who have replyd so far, 210 page views and only this many replies come on lads im sure theres a lot more to add to this

next question what is far money for a 40,000 to 50,000 mile 225 version seems theres some pricey cars out there

Feb 14, 2012
Slough
So the story goes

Fuel pump
Heater Matrix hoses
Coil
New exhaust flexi
coolant tank
some coolant pipes
New Turbo
One way boost hose

MPG on a run between 28-35 for me on a stage one with decat
Brembo's are simple to bring back to life, i will be stripping mine down for a new coat of paint soon
225s are BAM engine code, different steering wheel and teardrop mirrors. These are the later models. However there is really not that much between them.
Problems are generally uncommon on well looked after models. There is a thread on things to look out for somewhere.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
There's a guide to refurb the steering wheel mate, just do a search and you'll find the guide. It's a cheap and easy fix as well.

Mine is on 85k now and I'd want £4k for mine considering its condition, documentation and mods it comes with.

For a lower mileage example you might find it more expensive but they will might be standard. It really is your pot luck.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members