• We're live with the new site! Please let us know what you think in this thread. Also let us know if you spot any quirks.

Good mpg car?

Oliver Pawley

Mar 9, 2019
Possibly changing work places which would mean a 70 mile round trip everyday which I don't really want on my cupra.

What's peoples recommendations for cheap high mpg cars?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Just got my wife a Suzuki Celerio. Trip computer was reading 68mpg when we brought it. She doesn't do many miles, so she's only filled it once so we haven't got a calculated figure, but 60mpg+ doesn't seem unreasonable.

Reactions: Oliver Pawley

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Anything with the VAG 1.6TDI in.
This^

Our Leon ST never gets less than 50mpg, even doing mostly town driving, and can go up to 60 on longer runs.

Ok, so you might be able to get a little more than that with a tiny car but you'll be spending a lot of time in this car. Being comfortable matters and the Leon SE is by far the best mile muncher I've ever owned. You can sit in it all day without getting tired or uncomfortable. It's a perfect commuter.

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
Seat Leon ST, 2.0 diesel. We got ours, the 150hp one, regularly at about 50mpg. But it all depends how you drive it, and in which traffic conditions...

Darren Pepper

Apr 28, 2020
Nottingham
I have a 120 mile a day commute to work. Thought many times about getting something small with lots of mpg...
Yet if I am going to be sat in something for 2 or 3 hrs per day, personally I would prefer comfort where I get out and don't feel my spine is damaged.. also something that puts a smile on my face.
My opinion is put the fuel in, put the miles on it and enjoy..

BigJase88

Jase
Nov 21, 2018
Dumfries & Galloway
I have a 120 mile a day commute to work. Thought many times about getting something small with lots of mpg...
Yet if I am going to be sat in something for 2 or 3 hrs per day, personally I would prefer comfort where I get out and don't feel my spine is damaged.. also something that puts a smile on my face.
My opinion is put the fuel in, put the miles on it and enjoy..
In that case you buy a 3l diesel 3 series

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
I did a 300+ mile trip for work recently (mostly motorway) in my 2.0TDI 184 Leon and it claimed to have have averaged 64+ MPG, can't argue with that!

Notleks

Mar 28, 2016
Audi A3 2.0 TDI 150

I can get up to 68mpg on a good run. My average to date is 52mpg, mix of both Motorway and town driving.

Christ Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members