green panel filter and pd 160 intake

gazjones

today saw the end of my long conversion from standard air box to a full smoothed one with pd 160 intake and green pannel filter. i would recomend this to anyone who isnt sure about an induction kit! the things that i have done are as follows
1.remove the dust flap off the attatchment to the front pannel this looked very restrictive and you cant see through it so airflow is poor!
2. i then fitted the pd160 intake which is twice as wide and will catch much more air than the standard one will!
3. inside the top part of the air box there are lots of criss cross stripps of plastic all these have been removed and sanded down to allow smoother air flow and there is also a trumpet leading to the maf! these stickes out halfway across the fillter so only 50% of the filter is being used, to remove this just pull it out of the bottom while pressing the clip attachment in!
4. pop in a grenn pannel filter and reassemble ( if you have a strutbrace do all this in one go as its a pain to keep taking it off to do different stages lol)

in all i have noticed slight differences as ive done each stage ( i didnt do it all at once) so if it is done in one go you should feel a really big difference in my opinion. my final step the pannel filter gave a great improvement on its own and wish i had done it all at once to see the real difference! hope this will answer anyones questions they may have about this.
these are the part no
6LL129621 adapter

6LL129618 hose

Last edited by a moderator:

gazjones

after a little bit of driving i can say that it makes i nice little whoosh sound when lifting off the throttle and sounds good better with light throttle so engine noise dosent mask it!

melodystyle2003

Turbine sounds a bit better , off course it helps at high speeds.

Ben FR

do you have the part numbers for the air intake and where did u get the green panel filter from?

Cheers

gazjones

green pannel filter is from badger 5 and ill dig out the part numbers you need the adaptor and the hose ill find them!

sted

random wierdo
got to be said apart from a minor noise difference i cant tell teh diff between the green filter and std one. i also changed over a couple of weeks changed to pd160 air intake then a week later did the green filter

gazjones

think it comes to around 30 quid maybe bit more but allows a far bit more air in

gazjones

ill post up a pic of the cupra one which is same as yours and try and put old one next to it or ill find a seat press pic with it!

flashbsd

i got a second hand green panel filter for 15 quid, bargain! id never get an induction kit :)

gazjones

is this the mk3 one mate its totally different shape to the mk4 housing i belive but at that price if anyone whants it its a bargin

gazjones

74fc4726.jpg
thats the cupra one
and the old original one not the best pic but you can make out how much wider cupra one is just
oldintake.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gazjones

yes thatr pic is beter i measured them both last night and the standard one is 6cm wide at the start and cupra one is 10cm wide!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members