Gti 8v parts and general advice

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I’ve been offered an 8v gti that’s been sat for 2 years. It needs an new exhaust back box and a good service with disks and pads all around but probably a lot more as the speedo isn’t working and the airbag lights on.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to get some decent parts. I’ve looked on eurocarparts and amwesome gti but they haven’t got much. Are parts hard to find for these or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Copper Cupra

Dec 16, 2002
Exeter
Sounds an interesting one... Providing it's not suffered from rust issues being sat, it should be fairly easy to source parts for. The only part I've struggled to get recently was a new OEM back box for my blue GTi 8v, which ECP part was completely wrong - I managed to source a Bosal back box from a local part factor, which fitted perfectly - Klarius systems are designed for TDi's, so don't fit so well.
Speedo not working could be a multitude of things - sensor in the box, or dash console unit? Air-bag light is likely to be the slip ring on the back of the steering wheel - should be able to get this from TPS or Seat?

Keep us updated - hopefully another one saved.