had enough of the kiwi nightmare!

vngtx

after 5 months of repairing the kiwi ive had enough. it isnt worth it. after gti international its going (id say off a cliff but i need to get SOME money back from it)

i have had it scratched, ran into, dented, brakes fiddled with and paint thinners thrown on it, and finding out the actual mileage of it the other day was the final straw.

im not spending any more on it. i have spent more than enough to of bought an ibiza mk3.

i just need to decide what next? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
sounds like you decided..... save a bit, sell up and get a 2.0 16v or a Mk3 20vT they pretty cheap now!

vngtx

still to much for insurance. 1400 for 2.0 16v. cant get insured for a mk3. :( i think ive had enough speed and fun from the 8v. might be time to go to the derv side.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
how old are u?? I was paying £1300 when I was 19 on the Ibiza.

How about a Golf GTi 16v? Same as you engine so take filters, etc off your for it... save on a few mods you've already spent out on

vngtx

21 with one years no claims. being in the motor trade pushes it up plus the local area isnt exactly inspiring.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
21 with one years no claims. being in the motor trade pushes it up plus the local area isnt exactly inspiring.

I've the same problem with the area, had the ca broken into once when I first had it. Tell them a different job, like for me I'm an electrical engineer but insurance takes it as I travel a lot so I tell them factory worker instead (not laying) as I do work in a factory ;)

vngtx

i clean the garage once a month so ill tell them im a cleaner :)

HoopDub

Aug 17, 2009
i been having this dilema, many issues with my car, but ive fixed most of them and the ones that are left arent to big to solve. the thing is, now you know the car and know what effort you have put in, is it worth getting rid of it to buy another car with possibly as many hidden knightmares. im holdinbg out on mine for a while 17" tsw venoms are my new inspiration :D

vngtx

the mechanical problems arent the issue. its mostly the paint and the front end plus the arches are rusting again :(

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
you found that it shouldn't be much differance. Can't see how it would knock your insurance up as it's only insuring you to drive your own car! The company insurance will cover you to drive a customers car and shouldn't be of any interest to your insurance.

Jun 14, 2009
Get a mk3 20vt or new bitza like i am doing :). We can both be promoted to the Ibiza mk3 seciton of the boards, what an honour!

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
the mechanical problems arent the issue. its mostly the paint and the front end plus the arches are rusting again :(

if u had seen mine when i brought her mate you wouldnt beleave her now , but the kiwi is a bugger for paint fade laqure peel etc,

vngtx

i just want to have some money in my pocket instead of having to spend it on the car. im struggling to afford to put petrol in it this week. ill never be able to afford a full respray or a new front end.

vngtx

dont know if i would get the time to change everything over into another car.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise