Happy Birthday 1yr old me Leon !

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
There's just gone 1yr of v satisfied leon TDi ownership, long may it last.
13,025 miles done in 12months & 3mm rubber on fronts with 4/5mm left on the rears (Bridgestone) genuine tyres.
Overall Ave is 45.4 so no complaints there.
Had a 120mile run at the weekend mostly motorways & never above 75 got the Ave journey Trip Computer to read 53mpg !

If you use that VENT technic to fill the tank to very very full it will do nearly 700miles on a long run easily.

Dunlop SP 9000's to fit to the fronts in the next 1K miles or so.

Just want a few more miles that 14k out a set of tyres PLEASE..

I Granny it for gods sake......

Tom Tom Go 300 fitted end of wk hopefully.

:lol:

olly_ed0088

Wait until the water pump (impeller) needs replacing! lol, :) Touch wood it won’t happen to you.

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
Sounds nasty that M8 !
Is that an issue on the TDI's ??

i guess if it gets to 60k ok, i'll get that done maybes when the Timing Belt is changed.
Intend to keep this Car for quite some time.
Probs 100k+ but u never know.

Or unless the newer FR Leon when it comes out blows this Car away then i might be tempted.

olly_ed0088

It is a well know VAG problem. The impeller is just tuff plastic and is pron to breaking up. You can buy a copper impeller and get the garage to attach it onto the current pump. If you are going to get the timing belt change it could be a good idea to get that done at the same time. I don’t think it will take much longer and could save you some serious ball ache later down the line.

When mine went it cost me over £500 to get it replaced, I did at the time get them to change the belt, rollers and tensions.....

Search fro impellers on this forum, there is a link to order a copper impeller....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.