Hard wiring Road Angel???

ice maiden

Has anyone hard wired a road angel in ?

if so....help, I forgot to unplug mine last night so had a flat battery this morning!!

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Yes, dead easy.

Easiest place for ignition live is under the steering column, remove the plastic cover and you will see the main power connectors near the fuse box, the yellow one is iginition live I think. Just remember to add an inline fuse.

As for negative, just earth to the car somewhere around there.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
You shouldnt need to unplug it at all mate. If set up correctly should work only on ignition and not directly off battery!

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Do you get a hard wire cable with the Road angel? If so just run that wire to the junction box under the steering wheel. The snooper one came with an inline fuse built in so i woudl have thought the road angel would have been similar.

Just add it to the list of jobs to do for your handy man

rickmyster

May 9, 2005
Scotty_b said:
Do you get a hard wire cable with the Road angel? If so just run that wire to the junction box under the steering wheel. The snooper one came with an inline fuse built in so i woudl have thought the road angel would have been similar.

yeah when you buy the road angel you get 2 wires 1 is the short curly one. and the other is about 4m long straight wire you just cut the plug off the end and use the bear wires

andycupra

status subject to change
rickmyster said:
yeah when you buy the road angel you get 2 wires 1 is the short curly one. and the other is about 4m long straight wire you just cut the plug off the end and use the bear wires

but does it have an inbuilt fuse?

sounds like you are cutting off the fuse there!?

so you will need to add one

Last edited:

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Hang on, the curly wire has the fag lighter plug on the end, with the fuse in it. The straight wire has nothing - just two bare ends that you can then wire into whatever you want. You don't need to cut anything to get to the wires, but there is definitely no fuse, so one will need to be added.

mALLA

Apr 19, 2006
Sussex
i need to do the same, and i also need to get a inline fuse. a 1amp is suggested. i have looked everywhere for one ? any ideas?

Cheers

ice maiden

Scotty_b said:

now that sounds like a plan!!:D

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
Im hard wireing mine in when my new guages come as ill be feeding the wire up the new a piller pod cover.

I could take some pics if this would be usefull ?

rickmyster

May 9, 2005
i have had 2 road angels now(due to 1 being stolen), and both wires came with cigarette plug's on the end.

mines directly off the fuse box so wont that be fused ok?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members