having one big nightmare :@:@ bad remap???

adrianofrcarlos

Jul 18, 2012
wolvez
i own a seat ibiza fr TDI, ive never had a car for such a short period of time with the amount of problems im having. basically i've owned the car since MAY 2012.

ive had 2 engine mounts costing £230 not inc. labour, been through around 3 boost pipes costing £240 not inc. labour. I then had to pay for a new side-mount inter cooler which cost 200 quid not inc. labour. with all that happening i thought it was the end of it then the other day my turbo went dont know how much that will cost me yet. the car is remapped and i want it putting back to standard but cant get in touch with the person who maped the car:wtf:. i know for a fact it was a **** generic map he used. ANYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS WHAT TO DO WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED, cheers????:shrug:

andycupra

status subject to change
2 engine mounts: - are these seperate engine mounts or the same one both times?
boost pipes.. you say you have gone through 3 boost pipes, what exactly happened to these? are these OEM or aftermarket?
Why did you replace the SMIC?

adrianofrcarlos

Jul 18, 2012
wolvez
seperate engine mounts, and the same one twice which was oem then i bought a sfs performance one and thats on there now, the smic had to be replaced because the entry point into it was snapped off.

adrianofrcarlos

Jul 18, 2012
wolvez
cheers mate i will be going bak to him as he fed he rubbish about the map. and lifetime guarantee found out his working at john ashley exhausts

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
Just wondered as my engine seems to move about a bit just by pushing it with your hand plus im thinking of getting my car remapped!
Anyway of checking if the mounts are ok or not?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members