Head unit Upgrade

aidiewright

Seat Leon FR 170
Oct 20, 2013
East Yorkshire, Driffield
Just had mine installed, Looks the part, Was not plug and play for me, Didn't power on.

Took it to a guy who deals with this stuff he installed it all working spot on. He threaded the cables aux/usb through to the glove box etc.

Only think i don't like is if you have your music on usb ordered in folders you can't shuffle all songs which is a bit of a pain. Anyone found a fix for this?

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Sounds like it was missing the SAFE pin as that would have caused it not to turn on, but good you've got it sorted now anyway! In regard to the USB I'd have thought you could use the mix all/ mix folder options to shuffle through music

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
On Mine the 10th digit on the Vin is an 8, so hopefully that means its a facelift model with the safe pin thingy already there, so should be just plug and play. Mine has the Aux near the handbreak which i use a lot with my Ipod,if i got an RCD510 would i still be able to use the Aux port?

Cheers

Oct 3, 2012
Cambridge
Just had mine installed, Looks the part, Was not plug and play for me, Didn't power on.

Took it to a guy who deals with this stuff he installed it all working spot on. He threaded the cables aux/usb through to the glove box etc.

Only think i don't like is if you have your music on usb ordered in folders you can't shuffle all songs which is a bit of a pain. Anyone found a fix for this?

pic's of it working?

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
On Mine the 10th digit on the Vin is an 8, so hopefully that means its a facelift model with the safe pin thingy already there, so should be just plug and play. Mine has the Aux near the handbreak which i use a lot with my Ipod,if i got an RCD510 would i still be able to use the Aux port?

Cheers

2008 means it's immune from battery drain but will require the safe pin, so not quite plug and play as minor modification needed. Aux will work if you slightly change the wiring as the rcd510 uses different pins in the quad lock to the stock head unit

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
2008 means it's immune from battery drain but will require the safe pin, so not quite plug and play as minor modification needed. Aux will work if you slightly change the wiring as the rcd510 uses different pins in the quad lock to the stock head unit

Right ok then well @ least its safe from battery drain...i'd be wanting all my steering wheel controls to still work and my Aux port so im thinking it mite be better to either take the headunit to an audio fitting place, or mayb tap a member up on here who's done a headunit swap and see if I could get them to fit it for some pound notes...:D

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Changed the headunit on my 08 Cupra to the seat multimedia unit, my aux is not working which is pretty annoying and my volume controls on the steering wheel are the only buttons there that work, anybody able to tell me what I need to do or buy to fix all this? Thanks

Dragon1978

Jul 29, 2013
Which of the OEM sat nav head units would you guys recommend. I have got a 2008 FR so realise that it won't be completely plug and play but would a SEAT dealer be able to sort the wiring or just any installer?

andy550

Jan 10, 2013
Loughborough
I'm thinking of upgrading but ive got the under seat USB not an aux. If I get an RCD510 can I wire an aux input in somewhere send will the USB still work?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

andy550

Jan 10, 2013
Loughborough
Yeah mines USB only. Are they generic interfaces or do you get them from VAG? Sorry for all the questions!

waggyy

Jun 16, 2013
bugbrooke, northampton
I have seen them on ebay. It is an actual plug in module. There are other modules that you can get that plug directly into this unit if they are not already in your car, blue tooth, reverse camera. The unit also allows fir hands free phone operation.

andy550

Jan 10, 2013
Loughborough
I've already got the bluetooth, multi function wheel and USB but would like a DAB radio and aux input. I'll check it out, cheers :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.