Headlight bulbs replacement

endofgreen

Apr 9, 2018
Any one knows the type of headlamp bulbs the Ibiza comes with? (Non led lights)
Normal lights look horrendous!!

And also any suggestions for replacement bulbs with brighter white light that will fit the car?

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Well, I will wait for others to reply for type of bulb (me thinks it's H7 but not sure). For brighter bulbs, there are, Philips Racing vision (poor lifespan though), Philips Xtreme Vision / White Vision. Osram Nightbreaker (various inc, Laser, Unlimited), and also Bosch's Pure Light / Gigalight+120s or Ring Xenon 130...just for a few to get you started. Most of these (if not all) would give you a whiter light beam, and all for sure will give you a brighter beam. Life expectancy...well most should see you over a year if you use your car in the dark everday (eg...returning from work).

Last edited:
Reactions: endofgreen

Ibiza_Dan

Jul 25, 2018
As KXL mentioned, takes H7s.

I personally fitted Osram Nightbreakers but its personal choice as to what you feel is best, each offer something slightly different but will all give you a brighter, whiter light. Expect to change them every 6/12 months depending on usage.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
It's a joke that VW fit longlife bulbs whose light output is actually dangerously low. As a regular night time commuter I hated it and eventually swapped the car for one with full LED headlights. Much better.

endofgreen

Apr 9, 2018
It's a joke that VW fit longlife bulbs whose light output is actually dangerously low. As a regular night time commuter I hated it and eventually swapped the car for one with full LED headlights. Much better.

I so much regret not buying the full led spec Ibiza.
Thank you so much for your answers guys!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I have been lucky in the sense that I've never owned a car that had halogen bulbs...Leon Mk3 had Leds, curren Ibiza MK5 has Bi-Xenons, and next car Volvo V40, will have those Thor Hammer LED. Have driven cars (rentals or friend's cars) such as Audi A3, Mini one, VW Golf with halogens, and I feel your pain. The only car with Halogens that I thought, mmm..not bad for brightness, was on a VH Astra (3 gens ago) and a 2002 Toyota Camry US Spec.

Ibiza_Dan

Jul 25, 2018

To be honest I find if I am driving back from work, the first part isn't too bad (off Manor Royal in Gatwick) but once I hit the backroads I am so glad I switched the bulbs out. I used to drive a 1Series and the 'new' bulbs on the Ibiza when I picked it up were about as bright as the 2.5 year old bulbs in my 1Series, which I hadn't changed at that point because I knew I was swapping the car. So to be driving a brand new car with lights that were as dim as those well worn in, I was not impressed at all. Still.. live and learn they say, next time I wont touch it if its not LEDs.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
I've used various bulbs, none are ever near white light. Always some level of yellow with halogens, using some Osram bulbs at the moment but tempted to go back to Phillips

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.