Headlight conversion

Oct 25, 2020
Hello everyone, my wife has a 2014 i-tec and the headlights have about the same light emission as a candle sellotaped to the bonnet.

Has anyone converted them to LED , either by getting actual LED headlights from a higher up model second hand (if they even did them?) or these LED H4 bulbs with fans built into them etc?

Any advice appreciated.

Oct 27, 2020
I would also be interested in the replies from this. Am in the same boat as you. Just bought the car as a runaround, but the candle lights are very poor. I would upgrade to later spec if the fitted??

Reactions: Zidane

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
The only factory alternative to the halogen units was the bi-xenon option like this:
Untitled-1.jpg

It wasn't fitted to many cars and is probably going to be difficult to find second hand. You also need to fit the headlamp washer units, which means a new bumper and the levelling sensors, plus all the associated wiring. Your best best is to find some decent uprated Halogen bulbs like Philips Xtreme Vision.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
The only factory alternative to the halogen units was the bi-xenon option like this:
View attachment 19457
It wasn't fitted to many cars and is probably going to be difficult to find second hand. You also need to fit the headlamp washer units, which means a new bumper and the levelling sensors, plus all the associated wiring. Your best best is to find some decent uprated Halogen bulbs like Philips Xtreme Vision.

Yea I had these as per my avatar, and they are awesome! Especially on dark unlit country roads. Had to raise them a bit though, as they came (as per all Seats) a bit low end of the legal height and reach. But a pair or replacment bulbs D1S (even though manual said they should last for lifetime of car) is quite expensive @ £100 a pair. Perhaps up to 10 years they should last.
In terms of brighter standard halogen bulbs, suggest @Zidane first clean the lenses properly, then invest in something along the lines of Osram Nightbreaker or Philips Xtreme Vision series of performance bulbs. Please be aware as they shine brighter, they also blow earlier...so if you use the car everyday (and night) then expect to change them every 1-2 years.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Yea I had these as per my avatar, and they are awesome! Especially on dark unlit country roads. Had to raise them a bit though, as they came (as per all Seats) a bit low end of the legal height and reach. But a pair or replacment bulbs D1S (even though manual said they should last for lifetime of car) is quite expensive @ £100 a pair. Perhaps up to 10 years they should last.
In terms of brighter standard halogen bulbs, suggest @Zidane first clean the lenses properly, then invest in something along the lines of Osram Nightbreaker or Philips Xtreme Vision series of performance bulbs. Please be aware as they shine brighter, they also blow earlier...so if you use the car everyday (and night) then expect to change them every 1-2 years.
Yep, the Monsoon FR in the post was Mrs Seriously?'s car and the lights were pretty decent. In fact it was a great little roller skate all round.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.