Headlight Washers

PaulDuly

Hi all, first post but long time reader.

I just took delivery of my new FR 2.0D(150) with the tech pack included. I have noticed that it does not have the headlight washer system. On phoning the dealer (Fife Seat), I was advised that this has been removed from the range. Both the brochure and online car configurator clearly state that the washer system is included with the LED headlights (part of the tech pack).

I was wondering if everyone else with the tech pack has the washer system and where do I stand under the sale of goods act (Item not as described) with this?

Thanks for your help.

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
I have a copy of old brochure and compared it was the one of the website and sure enough the washers are no longer included:

"Full LED Headlights: Includes full LED headlights (dipped and main beam), LED daytime
running lights, LED taillights and automatic range adjustment"

Surely SEAT can't move the goal posts after you've ordered, at the very least they would have to contact you to make sure you accept any changes.

Beery

I have a copy of old brochure and compared it was the one of the website and sure enough the washers are no longer included:

"Full LED Headlights: Includes full LED headlights (dipped and main beam), LED daytime
running lights, LED taillights and automatic range adjustment"

Surely SEAT can't move the goal posts after you've ordered, at the very least they would have to contact you to make sure you accept any changes.

I Agree, Thats two features dropped from mine with the "kerb function when parking". But see the back of the brochure it states " Seat reserve the right to make changes to specifications, colours and prices without notice " Not Good.

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
I'm no legal expert, but there must be boundaries to a statement like that, it can't just be based around what they think they can get away with.

Changing the specification, i.e. painting it red instead of blue is one thing, changing the tangible value of something without offering any form of compensation is quite another.

LeonSC

Just looked at the pictures of the FR I'm getting, and it looks like the headlight washers are indeed missing. I wonder if these were dropped at the same time as the dipping mirror? I.E. If you have one, you must have the other and vice versa?

Poor form from SEAT if they haven't contacted any of the people currently waiting for factory builds - small print or no small print, you expect to know if they're dropping features from your car and not giving you anything in return.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
When I placed an order for mine in July, I noticed that the onscreen order form at the dealers had the washers crossed out as in strikethrough ie it had been deleted for the model year 2014. Disappointing but I find thye just waste water and are another thing to go wrong. I may be wrong, but I think HIDs are required by law to have washers but I guess LEDs are not obligatory.

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
Just ordered mine and in the scheme of things was not going to be swayed by headlight washers and tilting reversing mirrors!! lol!! Think as someone has mentioned, that the headlight washers are part of the winter pack. Unless that comes with a snow plough I dont see it as much of an issue. :)

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Shame that heated washers which became a more or less standard item about 10 years ago are chargeable and only as part of this expensive winter pack. One bit of bad value.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Sadly only part of the winter pack now :( though I ordered my FR yesterday and got them to throw in the winter pack for free!

PaulDuly

Thank folks for the responses. I've emailed Seat to see what they say. By now means a deal breaker but just disappointed they don't keep you up to date with the changes. You would have thought that the online configuragor would at least be up to date!

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Bit of a tricky one Paul! Let us know how you get on! Dean I didn't notice that, I went for the alacantra seats and winter pack but looking at the price difference of them both...probably should've went for the full leather lol

@JamesSM

Jul 26, 2013
When I placed an order for mine in July, I noticed that the onscreen order form at the dealers had the washers crossed out as in strikethrough ie it had been deleted for the model year 2014. Disappointing but I find thye just waste water and are another thing to go wrong. I may be wrong, but I think HIDs are required by law to have washers but I guess LEDs are not obligatory.

The headlight washer system was removed with effect from 1st July - the same time as the free Tech Pack offer started. Clearly a cost-cutting exercise.

I actually picked up on this when looking at the dealer's showroom 1.8 SC FR which had the Tech Pack fitted, but clearly no headlight washers. As a result, the dealer went and checked their online brochure and it had the strike through as you mentioned. I even tweeted SEAT UK and they told me the headlight washers came with the Tech Pack - it was only when I challenged this that they tweeted a correction (via Direct Message of course!);

"Hi James. Just discovered that MY14 Leon LED Pack doesn't have washer jets - so Winter Pack is your only way. Apologies for mistake".

'MY14' would appear to be the revised dealer code they are using for the free Tech Pack.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
The MY is always premature eg MY 15 starts in Sept 2014!
It's all to do with factory shutdowns in August so that the MY runs September to July.
A bit like academic years and not a bit like Calendar years.
Confused? Have you tried buying a magazine this month and looked at the cover month? :)

@JamesSM

Jul 26, 2013
The MY is always premature eg MY 15 starts in Sept 2014!
It's all to do with factory shutdowns in August so that the MY runs September to July.
A bit like academic years and not a bit like Calendar years.
Confused? Have you tried buying a magazine this month and looked at the cover month? :)

Your previous post said MY14 starts in Sept 2014, now you're saying MY15 starts in Sept 2014.

So yes, I'm confused! :confused:

LeonMunkee

Jan 5, 2008
Reading, Berkshire
A I understand it, 'Model Years' run from September to August, and are giving the number of the following year, so:

MY13 = Sept 2012 - August 2013
MY14 = Sept 2013 - August 2014
MY15 = Sept 2014 - August 2015

If there's a need for a spec change mid-model-year, I believe it gets a '.2' or '/2' suffix (eg 'MY13/2')

These dates should refer to when a car is built, so cars from (about) build week 36 (Sept 2nd-8th this year) would be MY14. This does mean that some second-half-of-year ('63' this year) registered cars will by MY13 due to being built before the factory shutdown.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.