Headlight Washers

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
Am I the only one hoping that when I pick mine up this weekend that it's not got the headlight washers!? Can't stand them.

I think I am with you on that one!! Just something finicky to go wrong!! I know we have had some bad winters recently but I do not remember thinking "good job I have headlight washers"!!!! :)

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
When I placed an order for mine in July, I noticed that the onscreen order form at the dealers had the washers crossed out as in strikethrough ie it had been deleted for the model year 2014. Disappointing but I find thye just waste water and are another thing to go wrong. I may be wrong, but I think HIDs are required by law to have washers but I guess LEDs are not obligatory.

They may be back sooner than you think, as stated above hid headlights require washers
Plus a self leveling system (there are exceptions for certain types of car, Leon does not make that category)
Anyway the reason is because hids can dazzle if the headlights are dirty
Have just spoken to a friend who is an mot tester and he says the ministry is looking into bringing leds into the same category as hids

Just to add, my electric car failed its mot because the mot tester said the factory led light's were to blue, I had to appeal to the ministry as the car was type approved with those lights

Be interesting to see in a few years if leons with leds but no washers have the same problem

Last edited:

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
You are so right. But see my BMW tal above. Words like Leg, stand, a, have, on and don't come to mind

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members