Headlight Washers

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
A I understand it, 'Model Years' run from September to August, and are giving the number of the following year, so:

MY13 = Sept 2012 - August 2013
MY14 = Sept 2013 - August 2014
MY15 = Sept 2014 - August 2015

If there's a need for a spec change mid-model-year, I believe it gets a '.2' or '/2' suffix (eg 'MY13/2')

These dates should refer to when a car is built, so cars from (about) build week 36 (Sept 2nd-8th this year) would be MY14. This does mean that some second-half-of-year ('63' this year) registered cars will by MY13 due to being built before the factory shutdown.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion.

Mmm sorry about the earlier typo. More haste less speed required
MY 14 is what we are going to buy from September 2013 to July 2014 if the car was built from September 2013 onwards.
I agree that it all depends when the car was built.

PaulDuly

Hi folks, here is an update. Seat UK called me to apologise, it would seem it was an error in both the brochure and website as headlight washers should only be part of a xenon upgrade and not LED. I asked about returning the car under the sale of goods act as the item in clearly not as described. I was told Iwwould be referred to the customer relations department to see what they could do to keep me as a customer. I'lllet you know how I get on .

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
Is there a xenon upgrade? And did anyone who ordered their Leon early (without a winter pack) get the headlight washers with their car? If so, Seat are telling porkies.

One thing to bear in mind is that washers/heating may be more important for LED headlights than for standard headlights because the LED lamps produce less forward heat and are less likely to melt any snow or ice that accumulates on the lamps during the winter. So from that point of view, there is some logic in including the washers in the winter pack.

But that doesn't help if you want to remove dirt or insects at other times of the year.

grant5745

Jan 1, 2013
Glasgow
Is there a xenon upgrade? And did anyone who ordered their Leon early (without a winter pack) get the headlight washers with their car? If so, Seat are telling porkies.

One thing to bear in mind is that washers/heating may be more important for LED headlights than for standard headlights because the LED lamps produce less forward heat and are less likely to melt any snow or ice that accumulates on the lamps during the winter. So from that point of view, there is some logic in including the washers in the winter pack.

But that doesn't help if you want to remove dirt or insects at other times of the year.

I ordered my Leon in March with the tech pack ( no winter pack).....mine came with headlight washers...

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
I somehow remember that the winter pack was described as "heating of the windshield nozzles, heating of the headlight washers, etc." and not just "heated headlight washers" (I am translating from our Bulgarian catalogue though, not sure if that makes for some sensible difference in English, it's not my native language). It implied that headlight washers were not included in the pack but if you already had them (as a part of some other package), they would be heated as a result of the winter pack. Currently it states just "heated headlight washers".

sweetfr

Misty
Nov 24, 2007
Co Durham
I collected my car on 26 July. I paid for the tech pack and red paint. I don't have headlight washers or tilt kerb mirror. I think car was built mid June. Car was provisionally ordered and deposit paid end of February.

I think it's a pity Seat can't keep customers informed of any changes to car specifications.

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
There's a picture of a Leon FR (okay, it's a Leon SC, but still an FR...) which has LED lights but no washers in the 'Any SCs out there yet?' thread.

In my past experiences with both an Ibiza and a Civic - both of which had headlamp washers - I didn't really see any difference when I used them, other than the momentary loss of a lot of light output as the jets hit the lamps. Oh, and a bonnet / bumper covered in washer fluid streaks.

I am not sure whether the headlamp jets are heated or not - I thought the winter pack only mentioned heated washer jets (which, again, are not much use as they don't stop the pipe between the tank and the jet freezing!).

If only we had heated windscreens as an option :rolleyes: , but that's bye-the-bye.

In any case, it's the principle that matters, if you're thinking you're getting something which you are not, even if it is something that you may not necessarily 'miss'.

sweetfr

Misty
Nov 24, 2007
Co Durham
We need to know when those who have headlight washers fitted ordered and received their cars to establish when it was dropped from the car specs.

grant5745

Jan 1, 2013
Glasgow
We need to know when those who have headlight washers fitted ordered and received their cars to establish when it was dropped from the car specs.

Just checked back...car ordered on Feb 14th, delivered on Apr 17th. Tech pack but no winter pack, headlight washers were standard then as part of the LED headlight kit...

@JamesSM

Jul 26, 2013

Headlight washers were part of the Tech Pack as per the April 2013 Leon brochure which was downloadable from the SEAT website.

My dealer's electronic copy of the July 2013 brochure had a strike through the headlight washers, I then went home and downloaded the July brochure from the website and the headlight washers had been completely removed from the description of the 'Full LED Headlights' option. I've just checked the date that I downloaded the brochure and it was 1st July.

It was from this date that the free Tech Pack offer officially started (it runs until the end of September, unless extended of course).

It would have been nice to have got the headlight washers, but I wasn't going to pay £350 for the Winter Pack just to get them. I doubt the washer fluid reservoir is any bigger if you have the headlight washers, so you'll have to top it up more often and a lot of it will no doubt end up all over the bonnet anyway.

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
Hmmmmm, headlight washers....I find using a car wash cleans them!:) These wash jets do leave a mess though. Anyone who has a rear windscreen washer would attest to that. My back bumper had a lovely stain effect after I use it!!! lol!! But we do love our little gadgets!!

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
For what it is worth, my Leon FR is an early one, March of this year. It has the tech pack but no winter pack. It has the headlight washers and tilting wing mirror. I think I am right in saying the headlight washer only works if you have the headlights on? And it certainly made a mess of my bumper and bonnet when I checked it the other day. The tilting wing mirror has the same problem as everybody else. Doesn't return to the original position consistently enough and I have to re-position it from time to time. If they have disabled the tilting wing mirror feature on newer models because of this blip, I hope I don't lose it when it goes in for a service and gets a software upgrade... It is annoying that it doesn't quite work perfectly, but I would still rather have it than not.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Pity me when I placed an order for a BMW E91. Just as the order was completing I double checked the spec on the order form to find that despite Cruise Control being in the price list and option brochure as standard , it was now a £250 option.
"All part of our policy of continuous improvement, sir"

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
Hi folks, here is an update. Seat UK called me to apologise, it would seem it was an error in both the brochure and website as headlight washers should only be part of a xenon upgrade and not LED. I asked about returning the car under the sale of goods act as the item in clearly not as described. I was told Iwwould be referred to the customer relations department to see what they could do to keep me as a customer. I'lllet you know how I get on .

I never saw an option for Xenon upgrade. I've got heated headlight washers on an SE i picked up in late March.

I ordered mine in March though they tagged one immediately. As per my reply to the previous post my SE with Conv pack has headlight washers. I can't remember ever seeing a Xenon upgrade option. I was of the belief that LED is marketed as a "better" technology.

Tech pack on my SE with convience pack I got headlight washers

I'm in the same boat as Adamzork.

Tbh they piss me off when I've got a freshly cleaned motor. They overly mist the water and it settles on a good front 1/3 of the bonnet.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Am I the only one hoping that when I pick mine up this weekend that it's not got the headlight washers!? Can't stand them.

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
I took delivery of my SE with tech and conv packs on the 24th of July but the car was already built when I bought it about 2 weeks prior so it was probably built sometime in June, maybe even May, who knows? Mine has no washers or tilting mirror. I just noticed the other day that there were no washers and was thinking to myself that I was sure it had them in the brochure, doesn't really bother me though as the it keeps the bumper a little more clutter free.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.