Headlights fail

Guvse

Jul 9, 2016
Hi all, great forum :)

The headlights on my 2007 Alhambra suddenly died.

I've just had a play around with the fuses but couldn't spot an issue (not that I'm an expert!)

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
One feed going into a relay then separate feeds out of relay for dip and main. Feed is from battery to fuse 55 (5A) then into relay from where it splits out to light switch, headlamp levelling motors and headlights so my guess is its either fuse 55 or the relay. The fuses referred to are the little ones on the left in a vertical line. numbered from top 51 - 62.Unfortunately don't know which relay is the light one.

Guvse

Jul 9, 2016
Thanks for the responses guys!

The sidelights, full beam, and fog lights work, it's just the dipped headlights that both failed (at the same time).

So today I spent some time troubleshooting it with a friend's dad who also has an alhambra. We managed to rule out the fuses and also the light switch (we actually removed the light switch from the other alhambra, and tried it in mine).

So the next thing on the list is the relay then I guess - any hints and tips most welcome!! Are the relays located next to the fuses then?

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
looks like the relay could be the culprit. Sorry but do not which relay is the one for the headlights. I could email you a headlight, sidelight wiring diagram from the Haynes Galaxy manual if that's of any help.

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
Try opening the cover to the fuses and relays , turn on the headlights and switch from main to dip to see if you can hear or feel which relay is clicking (or trying to) when you go from dip to main.

Guvse

Jul 9, 2016
Thanks Landrover, Haynes diagram would be really helpful cheers.

Struggling to find the part to buy online ... :(