Heated front seats 2012 1p

Morganator

Jul 10, 2020
Hi Reading through my seat Leon 2012 1p user manual tis model had an option of heated or non heated front seats. Unfortunately mine didn't come with them fitted ?. Is there a way of retrofitting heated front seats in this car? E. G get correct seats harness buttons and then programmed in vagcom etc?

Seat Leon 2012 1.6tdi ecomotive

Thanks all

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You'd also need the heating elements and wiring to go inside the seats. I'm sure i've seen this done before.

Morganator

Jul 10, 2020
I've seen the aftermarket set which includes loom and heat pads. And that is an option. Apparently there are some models that came with heated seats. I was thinking if I got the seats that have the heatpads in them and use a custom loom with custom switches? But don't know which seats have the heat pads in them.

hertssjc

Jun 18, 2012
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
I have factory fitted heated seats on my 2010 2.0 tdi CR, which were fitted as part of the winter pack that also included heated screen and headligh washers. They were on the car when I purchased it from the main dealer and they are brilliant, although I probably wouldn't have paid £1750 if I was the first owner. I would try and source some second hand ones from a breakers but I think they are rare due to the original cost.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.