Heater stuck on hot after radio replacement

Chelesty

May 16, 2020
As always, trading one issue for another ?.

After replacing the radio in my Ibiza, the heater is stuck and will only blow hot air. It's the manual climate control box. Anyone have any ideas what it could be and what could be done? I didn't feel like I forced anything...

Chelesty

May 16, 2020
Necro'ing my own thread, but I fixed it in the end. The manual heater control knob is directly connected to a rotary knob somewhere under the dash. As you turn the knob, you turn a shaft that turns the knob under the dash. The shaft can get disconnected if you pull the heater unit. The knob under the dash can be reached from the foot well. I ended up getting a helping hand (credit to the gf) to feed the shaft through the dash panel, down to the foot well so I could connect it to the rotary switch. Afterwards I connected the half-connected shaft to the back of the heater control unit and popped it back into the dashboard. Car was fixed, happy ending.

Teknalogique

Jan 26, 2020
Necro'ing my own thread, but I fixed it in the end. The manual heater control knob is directly connected to a rotary knob somewhere under the dash. As you turn the knob, you turn a shaft that turns the knob under the dash. The shaft can get disconnected if you pull the heater unit. The knob under the dash can be reached from the foot well. I ended up getting a helping hand (credit to the gf) to feed the shaft through the dash panel, down to the foot well so I could connect it to the rotary switch. Afterwards I connected the half-connected shaft to the back of the heater control unit and popped it back into the dashboard. Car was fixed, happy ending.
Glad you sorted this - I did the same thing myself!

Reactions: Chelesty
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.