16" Rims

P1050327.JPG

17" Rims

IMG_0385.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

miner69er

Aug 4, 2011
Hi.
i have the PI springs fitted -35mm on 2011 plate 1.4 Copa. Love it!
Just the right height, not crashy but firm. i fitted these when the car was 2 days old and 50 miles. all the bolts just slid out, no rust or crud anywhere it was bliss:funk:. i've done 10,000 miles now and all is good on the suspension. shame the same can't be said of the gear box as the driveshaft seals have gone, so it's going back in tomorrow under warranty. i wouldn't mind if it was a high miler but i only use it at weekends as i have to use a van for business every day.

backtozak

You're definitely tempting me about the springs! Always love a recommendation.

Gear box issue sounds horrendous! Thought these VAG's were reliable :/

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
Touch wood mines done 23k but only had it a month (2nd hand) and I've had no problems whatsoever not even had any oil issues or the dreaded misfire
image_zps0a8b8acb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

May 31, 2011
Essex
i had apex spings found them great tbh stiffer overall but not smash smash smash i found them similar to standard just less bouncing about over bumps. ta technix coilovers on other hand wound all way down like i am till tomo is harsh lol!!

FletchyFR

Jun 23, 2013
Rochdale
Don't get me wrong I love coilovers had a set on every car! But when you do a 60 mile daily commute your spine begins to break I want looks but a little less painful

Last edited:

DJMartin07

Do you have these fitted yet? Have seen them really cheap on ebay but don't know anyone that's tried them.

Yep they are fitted, but cos of how lil my posts are still, I can't post pics yet. Which sucks, so will show once I have over 15 photo's. :thumbup:

Wanting lower though, as have an idea, and i'm used to stanced owning stanced motors.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members