Height adjustable passenger seat required.

Trapper

Jul 1, 2005
West Sussex
:lol: Hi All

Had my Leon DSG a week great car. Only problem is the passenger seat has no height adjustment. Seat UK cannot supply a new seat & to fit a seat base sounds like a dock yard job. Never been done.

So what I need is a friendly Euro dealer who can supply a (LHD) drivers seat?

Any takers?

Cheers :cheers:

Distant Sun

Contains mild peril
Sep 9, 2005
Belfast
I think with the right part number a UK dealer could get European market parts. You'd need to confirm trim finishes etc. dlever (IMG Warrington parts section) or Spareman might be able to help. If there's no answer here try posting in the Altea forum. I'd bet Klawit who's usually on there could get you the part number from the German forum. Here's hoping.;)

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Hi Trapper,

the infos about installing height adjustment for the passanger seat are as follows:

For a Leon 1P with sport seats, no heating it should be

seat frame left hand side (passenger)
1K4 881 105 KK .......... 215€ + tax
(since identno. 1P-6-010 000 has to be 1K4 881 105 GQ)

height adjustment
1K0 881 053 A ............. 42€ + tax

hand gear (lever)
5P0 881 091 C ........ ??? (sorry, received no reply on this price)

handhold
5P0 881 254 1MM ........ 12€ + tax

That's supposed to be needed for re-fitting just the frame ... the rest of the seat incl. the seat's rest should remain and the seat's upholstery only has to be tied to the new framebox ... so I've been told.

By the way, it looks like it's all the same if you have sport seats or regular or leather ones with or withour heating ... it's all in the frame - so to speak - i.e. no matter what seat has to be fixed to the frame.

All in all it's a pretty expensive exchange for just a little more comfort ... add the working costs and you'll be spending probably more than 400 Euros (~ 280 pnd) just on the height adjust.

Important: All the above infos were given to me by a friend from the german forum and there is no warranty on any partnumbers or the approx. prices.
He checked for me as far as I understood the threadstarters request. So no guarantee from my side.

Nevertheless ... hope this helps.

Klaus

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.