hello! cupra1m owner

Aug 17, 2020
Hi i currently have a leon dsg 184 2016 fr used as a daily
the actual reason for joining is i have purchased a 1m1 2005 1.8 20vt cupra and decided out of a small shortlist of others ,mg zs 180, megane 225 ,TT, etc etc wanted to buy a cheaper car to take on track, not fully stripped out but attempt to make a decent toy but not throw silly money at!
anyway am looking for advice but as it stands you would be better informed to know what its currently at.
so its been mapped at devil developments apparently [no proof] just a dyno showing 218bhp
has a cobra cat back non res exhaust
ramair cone filter
and aftermarket "18 wheels with 225 40 18 tyres.
i already know the wheel alignment or tracking or both are out [kerbing on alloys likely culprit]
as i have just bought i am taking preventative measures so having it serviced next week new oil/fuel filters and spark plugs
to get it track ready i feel the handling and braking areas of most concern
so any advice on best upgraded pads and best route for handling appreciated! i dont mind 2nd hand bits if not too worn also so any experienced advice will be greatly appreciated!
many thanks
Mr stiggy

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Welcome to the community! You're best posting in the Leon forum for some tips. Feel free to run a reader's ride thread - our members love a good project car to keep tabs on.

Cheers,

Scott

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise