Help from anybody in Germany?

spitty

Hello All,

Help......

Fuelled with suggestions for Altea spare parts from this forum, I decided to try and import a set of the Bosch Aerotwin wipers, to replace the close-to-useless-verging-on-dangerous units fitted right now.

The problem is I bid on Ebay in germany, selecting the COD option seeing as I am in the UK. However, the seller is insisting on a bank transfer for deliveries to the UK. I have searched around, and the cheapest I can find is a fee of GBP15.00, which is just bonkers for the price of the wiper blades. [:@]

I would rather investigate actually completing the auction before going down the "disgruntled buyer" route. Yes, I know I could argue that the listing was misleading etc etc.

Firstly, Has anybody had any dealings with Autoeilemann GmbH?

Secondly, Does anybody know how to transfer funds from the UK to Germany cheaply?

My very last resort will be to find somebody in Germany willing to let me transfer funds via paypal, who would in forward it on to the seller.

I don't think i will be doing this again in a hurry :doh:

Spitty

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Hi Spitty,

though feeling sorry for the trouble you're having with the deal, I can only suggest to put a link to this request in out german forum ... maybe someone might be able to help.

=> http://www.seat-forum.de/forum/showthread.php?p=166686

I don't have a paypal account and have no idea about transferring fees etc.

Anyway ... hope you'll find a satisfying solution with the dealer.

BTW ... do you mind posting your ebay transaction-link?

greets ... Klaus

Last edited:

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
spitty said:
Hello All,

Help......

Fuelled with suggestions for Altea spare parts from this forum, I decided to try and import a set of the Bosch Aerotwin wipers, to replace the close-to-useless-verging-on-dangerous units fitted right now.

The problem is I bid on Ebay in germany, selecting the COD option seeing as I am in the UK. However, the seller is insisting on a bank transfer for deliveries to the UK. I have searched around, and the cheapest I can find is a fee of GBP15.00, which is just bonkers for the price of the wiper blades. [:@]

I would rather investigate actually completing the auction before going down the "disgruntled buyer" route. Yes, I know I could argue that the listing was misleading etc etc.

Firstly, Has anybody had any dealings with Autoeilemann GmbH?

Secondly, Does anybody know how to transfer funds from the UK to Germany cheaply?

My very last resort will be to find somebody in Germany willing to let me transfer funds via paypal, who would in forward it on to the seller.

I don't think i will be doing this again in a hurry :doh:

Spitty
your bank should do it for a tenner

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise