Help needed please

Doey1978

Jul 15, 2008
Ashford, Kent
Hi,

Please could someone let me know what this is please as it's split a little and I need to replace it, and does anyone know how to replace does it just pull off at both ends. I actually heard a noise when I parked up like a clicking noise and if I cover the little hole (lower arrow) the noise stops and like wise when I wiggled the top bit.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200625_144552.jpg
    IMG_20200625_144552.jpg
    653.5 KB · Views: 87

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looks like the carbon canister. It's supposed to click. The hole at the top looks like some kind of vent hole.

Doey1978

Jul 15, 2008
Ashford, Kent
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like a quite alarm not a clicking noise. I've never heard it before I've had the car since 2008. The pipe/hose is split at the top arrow. I have put a video of the noise on you tube please have a listen. Thanks again..

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
No way! That is weird!! But, if the pipe's split it's worth replacing that first anyway. I believe the bit you've pointed to with the arrow twists off like your taking the oil cap off. This is off the MK2 Leon... but looks a similar design.
1593175803947.png

Reactions: Connor H

Doey1978

Jul 15, 2008
Ashford, Kent
I've been trying to find the replacement pipe all morning after you told me what it was called with no joy. :(

The pipe that's spit is the 1 with the arrows on it, and not the main 1 which looks like the pic you have posted.

Any ideas apart from the stealer where I can get the part from?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Start a new thread in the Listers forum section. Include your reg and the picture of the pipe your after... they should do it for a decent price.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi buddy you can cut the old plastic tubing/pipe off and then just jubilee clip on a new rubber hose think it’s 8mm but don’t quote me. I’ve done that many times and the rubber hose won’t go brittle from the heat from the engine. Hope this helps.

Also unplug the connector and see if it still makes that sound if it does it’s something else.

Doey1978

Jul 15, 2008
Ashford, Kent
Hi buddy you can cut the old plastic tubing/pipe off and then just jubilee clip on a new rubber hose think it’s 8mm but don’t quote me. I’ve done that many times and the rubber hose won’t go brittle from the heat from the engine. Hope this helps.

Also unplug the connector and see if it still makes that sound if it does it’s something else.

I put a couple of cable ties on it where it has split as I was far away from home and I didn't hear the noise on the return journey when I parked up. You think that will be OK to do as the original pipe has ridges?

Thanks for the reply

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi it’ll be fine the ridges are there so the pipe can bend without it cracking due to being plastic. It saves money doing that instead of having a pipe made in plastic with the correct bends in them a money saving idea from VW. I’ve got it in rubber in my car without issues 4 years later. If you can get a genuine hose by all means do that but I couldn’t wait so used rubber I also redone my fuel hoses in the same hose as they were perished.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.