Help needed with Angel Eyes

Garpusmentus

Hi Peeps,

:help: Done loads of searching on the forums but can't find any guides to fitting some Angel Eyes to my Leon, just bought the silver ones but there is not instructions or anything.

Has anyone done this before, is it easy or a nightmare.

I've got an 05 Leon Cupra Diesel and I wanna fit them tonite,

PLease help ASAP !

Cheers

p.s see u all at the GTI Fest ! :D

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
I bought them for mine..but westec put them on during a service. Do one thing first...Check the gap round the lights...if there are any gaps..put some silicone sealer round them. Mine misted up terribly..nd iv only now just discovered where they werent sealed properly.

All done now though..and they look superb.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
yes bumper off to get to the two lower torque bolts of the lamps! :(

have a search for threads done by me! ;)

radg

If you are fitting yourself drive the car up to a wall with old lights in and mark where they hit the wall. Change to the new lights and set them up so the light in the same place otherwise you will be blinding on-coming drivers and cyclists :blink:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
radg said:
If you are fitting yourself drive the car up to a wall with old lights in and mark where they hit the wall. Change to the new lights and set them up so the light in the same place otherwise you will be blinding on-coming drivers and cyclists :blink:

thats wat i did but i was about 5m away from the wall and i used marskin tape on the wall and on the floor by the car wheels.

snakebite15

Graham from Cornwall
Jan 1, 2006
Cornwall
Thats a good idea with the light adjustment...driving up to a wall, brilliant. Im waiting for a set of angel eyes to come, BUT i just read this post, really....i have to take the bumper off?? I drive a 1.6s by the way incase perhaps its different?

Garpusmentus

snakebite15 said:
Thats a good idea with the light adjustment...driving up to a wall, brilliant. Im waiting for a set of angel eyes to come, BUT i just read this post, really....i have to take the bumper off?? I drive a 1.6s by the way incase perhaps its different?

I've put them on now, and yes it was a complete B***tard, the reason you have to take the bumper off is there are two bolts on each light that can only be removed from the front, hence bumper off and Roberts you father brother , there are the screws. The easiest way is to take both wheels off, then undo the wheelarch protectors. There ar two nuts and 1 screw in each wheelarch which have to come out,. Two caps which hide screws in the front of the bumper, two more screws at the bottom left and right, and 3 underneath.

Then there are clips at the front which hold the bumper in position, these are buggers to get out and I snapped one on mine, but its ok cos u can't see them and they hold no weight and simply position so its fine.

Don't forget to unplug the fog lights! Also mine had a temperature sensor plug at the bottom right as well (looking at the car).

Think thats it. Have fun !!

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
no need to take wheels off!

now im lowered tho i do have to jack up each side so i can get my hand in the arches!

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
snakebite15 said:

sorry to say this bro (well iv already said it loads of times above!;)) but u will be very dissapointed at how well the headlamps light up the road! :( :headhurt:

(either HID them or HID the oe headlamps! :yes: )

let us know wat u think tho! :)

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
Hmm...in the end..Im not impressed by these angel eyes. Im considering doing away with mine and just putting the stock lights back on..They look good anyway.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
dont mean to rub ur nose in it fella but look at wat i said in post #11

apart from goin back to stock you could always fit an HID conversion like i have done! ;)

or get ur money back for the headlamps and use that money to buy a HID conversion kit and then install them in ur stock headlamps! :yes:

Garpusmentus

J@mes said:
dont mean to rub ur nose in it fella but look at wat i said in post #11

apart from goin back to stock you could always fit an HID conversion like i have done! ;)

or get ur money back for the headlamps and use that money to buy a HID conversion kit and then install them in ur stock headlamps! :yes:

mate, I really fancy a HID kit , where di u get yours and was it a bugger to fit?
Any instructions etc???

Ta

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Garpusmentus said:
mate, I really fancy a HID kit , where di u get yours and was it a bugger to fit?
Any instructions etc???

Ta

was it a bugger?! :lol:

it was a PIG!

you have to take the lights completely apart, and drill the holes bigger so the HID bulbs can fit in! then put everything back together and reseal!

i got mine from a guy called karl thru slimjim on this web site.. was £150

but there was a group buy for a similar kit for about £135 on here!

have a search fella!

james :)

aphix

Sep 5, 2005
Camberley, Surrey
j@mes.. where did you mount your ballasts for the HID's... ive been running my HID's since last october.. one is cable tied to the windscreen washer bottle.. the other is velcroed to the battery.

Did you have your hids in before you went to the projector lights, and where they better or worse?

lastly *out of breath* you got a front on pic of your car with the black projectors?

Rob

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.