help please :(

Sebblakeney21

May 13, 2015
Northamptonshire
Afternoon guys. thought I would do the n249 to tidy up the engine bay, all i've done is replace the hosing and bypassed it.

for some reason i've lost power and I've got turbo flutter :(. Any suggestions? I think I've routed the hosing correctly. The vac line from the top of the DV is tapped into the inlet manifold and one of the old three tubes (smallest one) that went onto N249 plate.
Feeling pretty pissed off thought it would be an easy job and it would tidy the pipes up but it's turned into a shitter D:

Cheers guys hope someone can help.

I'm in Kettering, Northamptonshire if there is anyone local that would be kind enough to show me where I've gone wrong.

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Best with photos mate, to be honest I wouldn't have even done it, I tried it then my fuel consumption drop a lot and I've heard this from a lot of people, if you have get photos up so we can see what u have done then we could possibly help, photo bucket then copy img number into the post.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
You need to do it like that photo, take the pipe of the DV and put a bolt in it, put new pipe in DV the a t piece to FPR and join the FPR to t piece then under manifold, if I were you I'd just put it back to normal mate, have you got your can mapped?

Sebblakeney21

May 13, 2015
Northamptonshire
DV pipe has t piece, one side of T runs to one of the old 3 rubber hoses that went onto n249 plate, the smallest of the 3. the other side of the T goes onto nipple underneath inlet manifold.

I think I'm gonna take it all off in the morning and try have another go at it.. my phone died half way through.

I havent tapped into FPR so that's probably where it's gone wrong.

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Yeh you have done it totally wrong mate, take DV pipe of then stick I bolt in that pipe you took of the DV, put a new line on the DV and take that line down to the FPR, on that other end stick a t piece on, no put another piece of line on the t piece and connect to FPR, then another line on the t piece to the nipple under manifold.

Sebblakeney21

May 13, 2015
Northamptonshire
So all is well with the boost but I have a good dually I come down to work and under good welly it does have a tiny chatter on dump.. I've got a forge split R so I'm gonna try change the clicks. All that piping I've done looks exactly how the others are so fingers crossed

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Forge split valves leak, with our cars you want a recuclated DV, I have a forge 007 and an oversized sfs tip with a Ramair kit and the noise is great prob better that a split DV.

Sebblakeney21

May 13, 2015
Northamptonshire
Yeah I'm gonna put the splits into fully recirc, should still get a good Tshhh? whilst doing the vacuum line up the split-R yesterday I noticed a little snag in the tip so that's gonna have to go . Did you have as much trouble as everyone says you get when fitting that oversized tip?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.