Heresy with Audi wheels?

Durandal

Oct 1, 2018
Sweden
Hi,

New here, please be gentle! :) Just bought a Seat Leon ST FR TDI 2015 184hk and i'm looking to exchange the standard 18" rims (5F0071498D KT2) to something better. I would really like original Titanium wheels, but they are too expensive (roughly €1500 in Sweden plus tires). I found some really interesting Audi 18" wheels from an S3 which seems to physically be a perfect fit at least.

Opinions on Audi wheels on a Seat? Is that Heresy or does it work? Did a simple Photoshop - what do you think?

Audi%20S3%20wheels%20on%20Seat.jpg

Reactions: Greenman and Walone

Chudders

May 1, 2017
UK
I really like them, Lot's of people put wheels from different cars on, i've had the diamond cut RS6 alloys on a Leon before and had some great responses on them.

Which wheels does it currently have out of curiosity?

At the end of the day mate, it's your car and if your happy who cares?

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Looks really good to me. As long as you change the centre cap logos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Walone

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi,

New here, please be gentle! :) Just bought a Seat Leon ST FR TDI 2015 184hk and i'm looking to exchange the standard 18" rims (5F0071498D KT2) to something better. I would really like original Titanium wheels, but they are too expensive (roughly €1500 in Sweden plus tires). I found some really interesting Audi 18" wheels from an S3 which seems to physically be a perfect fit at least.

Opinions on Audi wheels on a Seat? Is that Heresy or does it work? Did a simple Photoshop - what do you think?

Audi%20S3%20wheels%20on%20Seat.jpg
I think it would be better if you had Seat centre caps/badges.

Durandal

Oct 1, 2018
Sweden
I really like them, Lot's of people put wheels from different cars on, i've had the diamond cut RS6 alloys on a Leon before and had some great responses on them.

Which wheels does it currently have out of curiosity?

At the end of the day mate, it's your car and if your happy who cares?

Nice, thanks. I have these at the moment. Can't say they are ugly, but i think the car looks alot meaner with other types of wheels.

5F0071498D%20KT2.jpg

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I think those centre caps, aren't actually centre caps like that on seat wheels. They cover up the wheel bolts at the same time. So you may need to get more creative.

Durandal

Oct 1, 2018
Sweden
I think those centre caps, aren't actually centre caps like that on seat wheels. They cover up the wheel bolts at the same time. So you may need to get more creative.

Thanks for the input. From what i have understood, the Audi centre caps cover the bolts as well, but the whole package is 2 parts, so you can still change the round centre caps. If anyone knows more - please shout. Picture on how it looks without centre caps:

Audis3wheels2.jpg

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@Durandal; I really like them, and think they look good on the Leon ST in your photoshopped picture (in fact, I like most of the Audi alloy wheel designs).

Be aware that although those particular Audi alloys (I think they’re are past no. 8P0601025BM) are the same width as the factory 18” alloys fitted to the Seat FR (both are 7.5j), the Audi alloys have a slightly less aggressive offset (ET54) than the Seat alloys (ET51), so will tuck 3mm further under the wheel arches.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Thanks for the input. From what i have understood, the Audi centre caps cover the bolts as well, but the whole package is 2 parts, so you can still change the round centre caps. If anyone knows more - please shout. Picture on how it looks without centre caps:

Audis3wheels2.jpg
The centre caps will be standard 57.1 mm diameter.

However, I remember the Mk2 FR 18” upgraded anthracite alloys having a similar design to the Audi centre caps shown (albeit with the old SEAT logo).

Durandal

Oct 1, 2018
Sweden
@Durandal; I really like them, and think they look good on the Leon ST in your photoshopped picture (in fact, I like most of the Audi alloy wheel designs).

Be aware that although those particular Audi alloys (I think they’re are past no. 8P0601025BM) are the same width as the factory 18” alloys fitted to the Seat FR (both are 7.5j), the Audi alloys have a slightly less aggressive offset (ET54) than the Seat alloys (ET51), so will tuck 3mm further under the wheel arches.

Hi and thanks for that very valuable info! I will probably live with 3 mm further in the arch, in worst case i can add some spacers depending on how it looks. Again, thanks!

The centre caps will be standard 57.1 mm diameter.

However, I remember the Mk2 FR 18” upgraded anthracite alloys having a similar design to the Audi centre caps shown (albeit with the old SEAT logo).

Thank you, just knowing the diameter helps me alot!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
DRC DRS? They have various colour too, standard allow, gunmental, and recently, black with diamond cut...I've always wanted to put these on my Leon, but instead, the Leon went away :(
$_86.JPG

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
Those Audi wheels look identical to the ones from the MK2 TTS (as well as the S3).

They're 9" wide (the TT ones are anyway) so you might need to be careful with offsets and tyre widths.

Carbonara

Aug 19, 2018
Hi and thanks for that very valuable info! I will probably live with 3 mm further in the arch, in worst case i can add some spacers depending on how it looks. Again, thanks!

Thank you, just knowing the diameter helps me alot!
You're not going to notice 3mm, and if you increase the tyre width by 10mm you'd have an extra 5mm back. I don't think you're planning this but a conversion size is always an option.

57.1mm is likely to be the centre bore. The centre cap is likely to be 59mm. I'm going to need some myself as I want to use my Audi wheels on my Seat. Fit what you think looks right. I've fitted Porsche wheels to VWs, Skoda wheels to Audis and vice versa. As long as they fit correctly and are correctly rated who cares.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.