Hi - Formentor on order!

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Hi all

Joined this forum as I have just ordered for lease a Graphene Formentor 310hp VZ2.

Currently in a Tarraco Excellence First Edition Plus 2.0TSI 190 DSG, in boring silver, that's going to webuyanycar when I get the keys to the cupra!

Quite when that will be not even the leasing broker knows, as this chip issue has halted the Martorell factory I believe. Probably August I've been told!

Will post pics when I get it. No options besides the Graphene Special Metallic paint! And I went for black leather not blue for the full monochrome look!

Really excited!

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
Hi all

Joined this forum as I have just ordered for lease a Graphene Formentor 310hp VZ2.

Currently in a Tarraco Excellence First Edition Plus 2.0TSI 190 DSG, in boring silver, that's going to webuyanycar when I get the keys to the cupra!

Quite when that will be not even the leasing broker knows, as this chip issue has halted the Martorell factory I believe. Probably August I've been told!

Will post pics when I get it. No options besides the Graphene Special Metallic paint! And I went for black leather not blue for the full monochrome look!

Really excited!
Hi, like you I’ve only just ordered may VZ3 in Graphene grey, and also been told August. Going to be a long few months lol.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Hi all

Really excited!
Welcome mate. Nice colour Graphene.

Reactions: butterycrumpet

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Hi, like you I’ve only just ordered may VZ3 in Graphene grey, and also been told August. Going to be a long few months lol.
Nice! I couldn't stretch to a VZ3 whilst still including maintenance in the lease contract, shame as I do love the black and copper wheels and brembo brakes!

Did you stick with black leather or go for blue? I went black!

Are you leasing it via Leasing Options like me (hence similar dates?)

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
Nice! I couldn't stretch to a VZ3 whilst still including maintenance in the lease contract, shame as I do love the black and copper wheels and brembo brakes!

Did you stick with black leather or go for blue? I went black!

Are you leasing it via Leasing Options like me (hence similar dates?)
Yes I stuck with black interior preferred it over the blue. I’m leasing through Nationwide Vehicle Contract. Think this microchip shortage is effecting production across the motor industry, hence the long wait.

Reactions: butterycrumpet

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
Just placed an order for a VZ2 in Dark Camo, blue interior with safety system. Delivery expected 1st Sept.
Nice colour you’ve chosen. Same timescales for you also I see. Going to be a long summer lol

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
I keep reading how the chip shortage is getting worse before it gets better - let’s hope Martorell prioritise their most expensive model for production as and when they get their chips!

CupraNewboy

May 17, 2021
Hi, I placed my order last week 13 May, plain white VZ2 310, petrol blue nappa. They've told me it'll be mid-October (14 weeks), which'll make the months go quickly hopefully!

raylee25

Jan 24, 2012
London

Attachments

• Mats.PNG
    Mats.PNG
    53.8 KB · Views: 143

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Is it these?
I got mats but they don't look like that. They have a faux carbon fiber effect on the part toward the seat, while part in front is cloth (unlike the one in the image where the split is left/right). I'd say my mats (which I assume are standard Cupra mats) look better than those in the image.

This shouldn't surprise you (that the image does not match), I once ordered mats from a SEAT catalogue that when they arrived, they looked NOTHING like the mats in the image. Only common thing was that both were rubber. I complained about it and they told me the images were for illustrative purposes and do not represent the real items. I couldn't believe it, their official catalogue and the images were not real.

I am guessing a designer does the design, then they do the renders, it gets into the marketing pipeline but then a production engineer complains and changes the design, no one informs marketing and you get these type of situations.

Reactions: Yaz2010

raylee25

Jan 24, 2012
London
I got mats but they don't look like that. They have a faux carbon fiber effect on the part toward the seat, while part in front is cloth (unlike the one in the image where the split is left/right). I'd say my mats (which I assume are standard Cupra mats) look better than those in the image.

This shouldn't surprise you (that the image does not match), I once ordered mats from a SEAT catalogue that when they arrived, they looked NOTHING like the mats in the image. Only common thing was that both were rubber. I complained about it and they told me the images were for illustrative purposes and do not represent the real items. I couldn't believe it, their official catalogue and the images were not real.

I am guessing a designer does the design, then they do the renders, it gets into the marketing pipeline but then a production engineer complains and changes the design, no one informs marketing and you get these type of situations.
any chance of you sending some pics of them?

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
any chance of you sending some pics of them?
1621282210885.png

It's not my car, photo is from the web, but I am 95% certain mine look like these.

EDIT: I just realized, it's possible that the image you shared is for petrol blue variants of interior.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.