hi newbee with a question on aircon cc

millepeed

hi all will introduce myself 1st ive bought a seat leon mk1 tdi in silver its modded and has a revo remap estimate around 180bhp but will confirm this when i do a vagcom run in 3rd n 4th gear, anyway all is well with the car till tonight when i started the car and put demister on screen, now usually the little star comes on to tell me air-con is on and it was for around a min or two then it went off and if i press the a/c button it flash on as im pressing it but then goes off and will not stay on. any ideas or comments welcome
cheers

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Pretty sure mine doesn't come on when its really cold, like first start up on a cold morning press the front screen and the aircon symbol comes on after a little while was the same on my fr+

adamstreeter

Feb 10, 2010
can confirm that with my car if the outside temperature is too cold a/c star will not show, as it warms it will then appear...

Allan_84

Apr 11, 2010
Denmark
did a research and i can see im wrong, sorry.

At low outside temperatures (less than
+5°C) the refrigeration group (compressor) is automatically switched off, and
may not even be switched on manually
(with key).

millepeed

hi thankyou for your replys sorry should have read my book 1st it states it clearly that ac / cc dose not work below +5 deg. on the other note did a couple of runs today using vagcom and car is producing 181bhp im happy with that power and economy

cleverspoon

Sep 17, 2011
How did you work out your bhp for vcds log?

Yeah the ac wont com on in low ambient, it says 5c in the book but mine works untill about 3c, also if the system is tripping on lp or hp i think the snowflake stays off.....but i believe lp and hp faults store a fault.

millepeed

hi yes as said before take the g/s reading and divide it by 0.8 this will give you your bhp mine g/s was 145 / 0.8 = 181.25 bhp
cheers

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
As said in post #7: your A/C will come on all the time, however the cooling compressor will not come on if the ambient temperature is below 5*C. The cooling compressor is on when you see the snowflake icon on the LCD display ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members