• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.

HID conversion kits

Jakki

Sep 4, 2018
Has anybody found any HID conversion kits in the UK yet? The FR has poor lights as standard and I’ve been waiting for HIDs for over a year now :(

Misho

Mar 21, 2019
That's why you should go into LED. Better light and also better design at all :drive1:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Have you tried Philips Xtreme Vision + 130 or Osram Nightbreakers Unlimited bulbs yet? Although they would never be as good as LEDs or Bi-Xenons they are still should give you more light/reach than the stock 'long life (dim)' bulbs that comes with the car if not LEDs.

bluebarchetta

Sep 11, 2018
I’ve just put in OSRAM Night Breaker Laser. They are noticeably better. I’m not expecting a great life out of them so have a spare set ready. They claim to have 50% the life of standard ones.

Personally I would not want to be in a position where an after market LED or HID kit I’d fitted might have caused an accident - none are road legal in the UK.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I use Philips Xtreme Vision + 130, they are noticibly better than the stock bulbs but I really wished I had got the LEDs to start with. They philips are very bright but not very white. The reason I went for the philips over the Osrams is I have used Osrams in previous cars, and while they are good, they don't last very long. The Philips had a much longer life expectancy.

NervousPanda

Jul 22, 2019
Thank you all, i'll definitely try Philips Xtreme Vision. I wish i bought my car with the LED headlights :(

Reactions: Jakki

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Have to say, the LEDs are awesome.

But +1 on the Philips bulbs- I had them in my Fabia, and they made a huge amount of improvement.

Jakki

Sep 4, 2018
So we got the Phillips Xtreme Vision 130+ bulbs and they have made absolutely no difference, they also don’t seem white.
Has anybody else had this problem? I think my standard lights work better :( absolutely gutted

Jakki

Sep 4, 2018
You put them In upside down?

Uprated bulbs will be a major improvement over standard bulbs
They are definitely in right. Maybe they’ll be better then my husbands lights on his Ateca. I’ve ended up buying 1 off roading bulb from Halfords which has been a massive improvement so I’ll go back and buy the other tomorrow

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
So we got the Phillips Xtreme Vision 130+ bulbs and they have made absolutely no difference, they also don’t seem white.
Has anybody else had this problem? I think my standard lights work better :( absolutely gutted
I can confirm they are definaltely massivly better than the standard OEM long life bulbs so something must be wrong. Where did you get them? Fakes? Wen I first picked my car up I was shocked at how dull the headlights were. When I fitted the Philips the difference was massive.

Jakki

Sep 4, 2018
I can confirm they are definaltely massivly better than the standard OEM long life bulbs so something must be wrong. Where did you get them? Fakes? Wen I first picked my car up I was shocked at how dull the headlights were. When I fitted the Philips the difference was massive.
I’d like to think they weren’t fakes but who knows. I got them from Amazon, with Amazon as the seller.
I’ve got the off roading bulbs now and they are a massive difference and a lovely white! Just need to change the fog lights now :)

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I’d like to think they weren’t fakes but who knows. I got them from Amazon, with Amazon as the seller.
I’ve got the off roading bulbs now and they are a massive difference and a lovely white! Just need to change the fog lights now :)
Be careful as the off road ones are generally not road legal.

Reactions: Jakki and RUM4MO
GAP Insurance - cover the difference for peace of mind