HiD's problem (not the usual)

Adman77

Audre Est Facre
Feb 13, 2012
Hertfordshire
So I've fitted my new HiD's a few weeks ago and that all went smoothly and there Working lovely.

But for some reason they seem to steal some radio signal??? For example, if I'm stationary with lights on and slight crackle in radio signal, turn lights off radio is crystal clear?

Has this happens to anyone else?

It's the terminator kit 35w from hid's direct. I know a lot of people on here have them

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
I've read about that as well but I haven't tested it myself even though I have had HIDs for over three months now. The reason is that I always either use Bluetooth to play music through my phone, a USB flash drive, or a CD but I rarely ever use the Radio and when I do it doesn't happen. I'll check again and let you know.

chrisf1903

Sep 16, 2012
Aberdeen
Also suffering from this. Issue clearly goes away when the HIDs are turned off. Kit was also the terminator kit from HID direct. Emailed them asking about this but have not received a response.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Wow.. I had no idea it was so common. I'm guessing it has to do with the CAN-BUS system since it works just fine on other cars I've been in (Mazda, Toyota, older VWs, etc.).

Adman77

Audre Est Facre
Feb 13, 2012
Hertfordshire
If it's H7 or H7R it Won't make a difference to the radio problem.

Wonder why no one has posted about this problem before? I shall email hid's direct later. If this many people are complaining about the same problem surely they can't ignore it

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
That's an interesting point. My ballasts aren't secured to the car, they just dangle, maybe not causing the interference that others are experiencing?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise